HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:58 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Yep, we have them in house right now and are programming/testing/packaging them.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:27 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
218 Posts
Will Nanos be available on your web site after the Toledo show? Will the price be the same? Will there be a restriction on the purchase quantity?
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:32 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Toledo is in April. I am putting on some Nanos later today. The problem is that we are leaving for the AMA show and I don't want to have a huge backup of shipping right before leave.

The price is the same. There are never restrictions on quantities for regular priced items.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:49 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
Jim,

Set aside a few Nano-E for me please!

See you in a few days.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:39 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Will do Pat! Seeya soon!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:30 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,306 Posts
I tried to order two Nanos tonight but ran into a problem. When I went to check out, I was ask to create a Paypal account. I DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PAYPAL. What gives. Isn't my Master Card good enough.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:19 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
With the change in XPS, I dropped the credit card merchant service. We were getting 50-100 fraudulent orders every day, and have for a few years. I got tired of dealing with that mess.

We have never had an issue with Paypal, and they handle all credit cards without needing a Paypal account. You just choose the credit card option instead of account option. I may look into other merchant services in the future.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:56 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
Jim,

I too looked at this and started an order for a Nano. But when you get to the checkout page, it only give options to pay with your PayPal account, or create a PayPal account to pay with a credit card.

I use PP checkout too, and I recall seeing the second option being something like "Check out anonymously using a Credit Card". Maybe PP had a recent change to their checkout procedure? I need to look at mine too.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:13 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
It looks like if you have a Paypal cookie, it pulls that up automatically with your Paypal account, otherwise it asks you to select a payment method.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:29 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
With the change in XPS, I dropped the credit card merchant service. We were getting 50-100 fraudulent orders every day, and have for a few years. I got tired of dealing with that mess.

We have never had an issue with Paypal, and they handle all credit cards without needing a Paypal account. You just choose the credit card option instead of account option. I may look into other merchant services in the future.
I understand using Paypal to handle credit card sales. I just don't my name on any more credit cards. Every additional account is just one more chance for a hacker to raid my accounts. About 20 years ago, I investigated Paypal for selling some of my model plotting software and didn't like what I saw when I did a careful reading of the terms of service. I have never had a Paypal accound so don't understand how I could have a Paypal cookie in my sytem. I am in no hurry for more receivers so I will reorder after they are back.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:37 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
You don't get a Paypal credit card unless you actually apply for one. With Paypal, you can activate and de-activate your bank account link whenever you like.

We have sold MILLIONS of dollars worth of products through Paypal, and have never had any customers with fraudulent transactions. It is by far, the safest means for customers (and businesses) to do online business.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:42 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
1,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
I understand using Paypal to handle credit card sales. I just don't my name on any more credit cards. Every additional account is just one more chance for a hacker to raid my accounts. About 20 years ago, I investigated Paypal for selling some of my model plotting software and didn't like what I saw when I did a careful reading of the terms of service. I have never had a Paypal accound so don't understand how I could have a Paypal cookie in my sytem. I am in no hurry for more receivers so I will reorder after they are back.
Here is what you can do. Open a second checking account with, say, $100 in it. Creat the paypal account and link it to that account. You can then add a CC as a backup. If you get hacked, they can only hack to the bank account, in which you keep minimal funds. The best CC to link is American Express (which is a charge card, not a CC anyway). Paypal will do zip for a buyer who gets screwed, but AX will go to the mat for you and force a charge-back to Ppl, who will then be forced to charge-back the vendor. Sadly, this has worked for me, several times.

I know this doesn't help you get a nano today...
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:54 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Paypal is VERY aggressive for the buyer. I had my Paypal debit card duplicated by a Hertz rental car agent while in Florida. The information was sent (within hours) to one of their friends in Missouri who created a fake card and bought merchandise from several Home Depots. I got a call from Paypal's fraud security department asking what state I was actually in, and when I told them Florida they informed that someone has duplicated the card and is on a buying spree in Missouri. While I was on the phone, another charge went through. They cancelled the card and credited my account immediately. Also, they called me back a week later and asked if I knew of a person matching a description they gave me. Paypal's fraud department obtained video tape footage from Home Depot of 'my' card being used. The person was later located and arrested.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:20 PM
Crash Test Dummy
United States, ME, Mapleton
Joined May 2005
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
I thought ChuckA was wrong for sure, as I have credit cards processed for my company through Paypal the same way and none of my customers have to have a Paypal account to do it. They all have a link that says "Process card without an account" link at the bottom. I went through the XPS checkout though, and sure enough there is no link (sorry for doubting you ChuckA!).

Jim, if you activate your Paypal account for "Paypal Here" which is free, you can instantly take credit cards through an app on your Android or IOS device. Then your customers could call you with a CC number and you could process the order that way. They will send you the free reader too, which you could use when you go to trade shows.

Eric
e2346437 is offline Find More Posts by e2346437
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:37 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
OK, so you guys are not so crazy afterall...

I tried checking out several times today and had the same issue with no credit card option being available. I spent an hour on the phone with Paypal today to figure out the mystery. They have a technical glitch with their system. In the website options, there is the option to use "optional account" with a ON/OFF button. Well, it turns out that after some experimenting that the button selection is backwards!! It must be OFF for the optional account to be used. Credit cards should now be able to be processed without having to have a Paypal account. HOWEVER, I was told that if the email address you are using is associated with a Paypal account, it can trigger Paypal to automatically select your Paypal account (but the option to not use it, and use a separate credit card is still available).

We have "Paypal Here". We use it for trade shows. We do not accept phone orders.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Jan 09, 2013 at 04:47 PM.