HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:31 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2009
56 Posts
I would be interested to know if there is a maximum length for the connecting wire between the Expander and the Nano receiver. Also, an earlier post referred to 'One wire" being used for that connection. Does that literally mean one wire? Or, is it the standard three wire connector type that we currently use to plug into a receiver?
Thanks Alan
AlanDY is offline Find More Posts by AlanDY
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:59 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanDY View Post
I would be interested to know if there is a maximum length for the connecting wire between the Expander and the Nano receiver. Also, an earlier post referred to 'One wire" being used for that connection. Does that literally mean one wire? Or, is it the standard three wire connector type that we currently use to plug into a receiver?
Thanks Alan
I would assume the standard servo extension... signal, + and - for power
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:34 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanDY View Post
Thanks Alan
I tested 12 - 60" extensions end to end with no issues. I did this same testing with the telemetry interface as well. You just use a female-female servo extension. We have 6", 12", 24", and 36" versions sitting here in stock right now.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:00 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2009
56 Posts
Jim.
Thanks. Aa soon as you have the expanders and Nano receivers in stock I wil send an order for them and an extension cord. If you are setting up an email data base for advising when "Stuff" is stocked please add mine:
flyby13@sbcglobal.net
Thanks. Alan
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:06 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2009
56 Posts
One more question please. I have not upgraded the firmware since I first purchased the equipment. A couple of my receivers would be very hard to get at. If I sent the Transmitter module and other receivers back for an upgrade would the two receivers I kept back still work?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Yes, they would. However, if they were v2.x you would have to set the transmitter module to hopping mode 1 to use them, if you were using hopping mode 2 for the other receivers. If you purchased your system after October of 2008, they would already be 3.x and would work with any hopping mode.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2009
56 Posts
I can't remember when I got them, it might have been before 10/2008, is there any way I can tell?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:04 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Sure, when you power up the receiver does the LED light up solid red for 3 seconds before it starts flashing, or is the flashing immediate? Immediate flashing means the receiver is in hopping mode 2-5, only possible if it is v3.x.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
OK -- sometimes my Nano receivers stay red and other times when I plug it in it flashes. I run it either way and have not had any problems.

--They are only a couple years old. -- What gives?
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
ALL Nanos are v3.x

The binding mode determines how the receiver will boot up. If your transmitter module is pre-v3.0 then the LED on the receiver will turn on solid red for 2.7 seconds and then begin flashing. If your transmitter module is v3.0 or later AND you are using a hopping mode other than 1, the LED will immediately start flashing when powered up (no 2.7 second delay).
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
ALL Nanos are v3.x

The binding mode determines how the receiver will boot up. If your transmitter module is pre-v3.0 then the LED on the receiver will turn on solid red for 2.7 seconds and then begin flashing. If your transmitter module is v3.0 or later AND you are using a hopping mode other than 1, the LED will immediately start flashing when powered up (no 2.7 second delay).

--OK -- just went into the garage and did a quick test

-When I turn on transmiter(9303) and then plug in battery, receiver LED stays solid red

-If I leave transmitter ON and UNPLUG receiver battery for any length of time and then plug back in the receiver, red LED blinks

-If I UNPLUG receiver AND turn transmitter OFF, then turn transmitter back ON and then plug in receiver, LED stays solid red

--It seems whether or not the transmitter is turned OFF when I change out a pack for the aircraft determines whether or not the receiver LED blinks or not

--Everything seems to function OK whether or not the receiver LED is blinking or solid red

Question--is everything OK or do I need to change my programming or setup?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Feb 2004
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forse View Post
--OK -- just went into the garage and did a quick test

-When I turn on transmiter(9303) and then plug in battery, receiver LED stays solid red

-If I leave transmitter ON and UNPLUG receiver battery for any length of time and then plug back in the receiver, red LED blinks

-If I UNPLUG receiver AND turn transmitter OFF, then turn transmitter back ON and then plug in receiver, LED stays solid red

--It seems whether or not the transmitter is turned OFF when I change out a pack for the aircraft determines whether or not the receiver LED blinks or not

--Everything seems to function OK whether or not the receiver LED is blinking or solid red

Question--is everything OK or do I need to change my programming or setup?
Reboot Indicator
Starting with firmware version 1.3 and later, there is a reboot indicator.
After connecting with the transmitter the receiver LED will be solid red. If
power is lost and restored to the receiver (a reboot), the LED will flash
slowly to indicate that a reboot has occurred. Note: if you change batteries
without turning off your transmitter, the receiver reboot indicator will occur!
You must power off the transmitter and receiver to reset this condition.
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:21 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
ok -- makes sense -- got it
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Yep, thanks for the post, tande!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:19 PM
I.B.
Joined Oct 2001
563 Posts
Jim- Still plan on having Nanos at AMA show? Friday?

Thanks,
Bob
IBbob31 is offline Find More Posts by IBbob31