SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:49 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
WoW! Stumbled in here by browser accident accident after ordering minutes ago. I did the phone thing to make sure I was not ordering from HongKong that takes 2 the 3 weeks.

We will see, supposed to get a tracking number tomorrow. I'll post back.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:27 PM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Re: Order yhst-62196343123315-359714

Update: Received order confirmation email stating I was billed $174.38 and then right after received an email with a UPS tracking number. So I think to myself "SWEET!", all that worrying for nothing.

Go to see if my bank account was credited the $57.05 to find another disappointing mistake. I now have another debit to my account in the amount of $231.43 with the memo of "Reversal". Instead of reversing the $57.05 I was charged a total of $462.86
goldham is offline Find More Posts by goldham
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:24 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Hey Goldham,
We have adjusted the shipping as requested through our customer service rep. I will PM you your tracking number and allow 24 hrs for UPS to update their tracking system. Again, we do apologize for the mixup! If you have a hard time through the our other cs portals feel free to PM me!
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts

Update: Checked UPS this morning and items are out for delivery (score!). Checked bank account and charges have been corrected.

As long as the items are in good condition upon arrival, I would buy from hobbypartz.com again. I just won't order anything that is time sensitive as the stress factor is multiplied to the nth degree (this was my own fault, not HPZ's).

I'll give one final posting here once the items have been received.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:32 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
@ Nitro_Nancy, On pins and needles waiting for a tracking number. yhst-62196343123315-359805

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Gapi,
It takes 24 hrs for an order to be processed in our system so you should be receiving a tracking number by the end of the day. Thank you and have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
@ Nitro_Nancy, On pins and needles waiting for a tracking number. yhst-62196343123315-359805

Thanks
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:28 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nancy View Post
Gapi,
It takes 24 hrs for an order to be processed in our system so you should be receiving a tracking number by the end of the day. Thank you and have a great day!
Less than that sometimes eh Nancy?
Got my tracking number At 1:00 PM today with estimated delivery date/time shown in the tracking.

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts

Final Update On Order: Received the order on Friday (next day, even using ground). Fired up the two chargers and soldered on some Traxxas connectors and was up and running. Haven't had a chance to solder up the Gen Ace LiPos I ordered so the jury is still out on them.

Overall HobbyPartz.com customer service rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Understand that they are getting better by the day. The two point deductions I have here are for the time waiting on hold to talk to someone in customer service (30+ minutes) and for the double charge they put on my account (see previous posts), they fixed the billing errors, but it did sit on my account for two days before being corrected. I added .5 stars for being available on different forums around the interwebs, although in an immediate satisfaction society, forums are just too slow. They just need a bit more focused QA/QC on the CS side and they'll be a 5 of 5 and an A+ rating on the BBB. I would buy from HobbyPartz.com again.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:11 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Hi, I realize I did not create an account so I could view order history and such. Can you tell me the status of yhst-62196343123315-360208 ?

I have a registered account now.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:49 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Hi, I realize I did not create an account so I could view order history and such. Can you tell me the status of yhst-62196343123315-360208 ?

Mercy, I ordered on the 1/10 and the info is just getting to USPS. So much for US sources.

US
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:01 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,274 Posts
Lol......Well I was TAKEN advatage of at the Ontario AMA-EXPO By HobbyPartz !!

Just got home from the expo in Onterio.....A Very Very shaddy place.......one vendor ( HobbyPartz) actually HYPNOTIZED me

I was just walking by...minding my own buisness THEN- accidentally I made EYE contact with him

End Result.....I now have a Dynam F4U-Corsair....Whaaaaaaaaaaa.......Snivel snivel..... ( No Clue what happened) But If I ever see that guy again.....Im going to give him a peice of my wifes MIND!! ( I told her I won it in a raffle heheheheh.....Opps here she comes...Gotta' Go <PooF>

Pat

P.S. A very nice buch of people. ( if the people I spoke with at the Expo were the Same people we do buisness on the website we would Love their company) I Did Talk to them in general About the ONLINE issues...THEY KNOW and say they are starting to work on all the issues ( notifications/info on the products listed on the website etc..)...

I for 1 am going to give them another VENDOR chance for My $$$....come on Hobypartz.DON'T Let us down..spend a buck and FIX the issues..then you will be a A+ company
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Jan 15, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:27 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
United States, NC, Maiden
Joined Jul 2011
418 Posts
I gave up on hobbypartz a long time ago. Between all the bad feedback, them rarely restocking batteries and constantly seeing the lame excuse of "we're working to resolve the issues, I've moved my voting dollars else ware. Im willing to spend a couple more dollars when it means better service. It's not worth the headache to deal with these folks any more. Ive purchased in the neighborhood of $900-1000 worth of lipos over the past 3 years but won't buy anymore from them. Partially due to lack of stock. Guess they dont value their business enough to restock popular items...
harddrive8 is offline Find More Posts by harddrive8
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
You order has already been processed and shipped. I will PM your tracking number to you. Thank you!

Quote:

Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Goldham,
I took a look at your order details and the customer service rep did note down to to remove that shipping cost. On the system the charge is for 174.38. The 231.43 should be the pending charge that was originally placed before the shipping adjustment. Depending on your bank, it takes up to 3-5 business days or one whole billing cycle for the pending status to be cleared. Thank you for your patience and please keep us posted if it does not clear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldham View Post
Update: Was told by customer service (after waiting on hold for around 30 minutes) that they were going to ship my order via UPS ground and that they would remove the $57.05 for next day shipping that I had originally selected, I confirmed with the rep that the ground shipping qualified for the advertised "free shipping on orders over $100" promotion. I made sure to ask the rep one extra time before hanging up if everything was taken care of, they said yes and informed me of the new total on my order with the shipping removed ($174.38).

Checked my bank account a few minutes ago and Hobbypartz charged me the full $231.43 after I spoke with the rep on the phone. I'm always leery of online companies that charge your card prior to processing an order, this is no exception.

I went from being hopeful to being disappointed. I'll keep everyone posted.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:57 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
417 Posts
Received my Devo 10 today, Ordered 1/9/13, arrived 1/16/13, 5 days not counting the weekend. Not to bad! UPS Ground From Cali to N. GA.

I like having customer service available on a forum. A first time for me.

Thanks!