Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by SouthernBill, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, GA, Ball Ground
Joined Jan 2008
16 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Sold
Mantis Heavy Lift Hexacopter with landing gear and 3 axis gimbal

Mantis Heavy Lift Hex carbon fiber & G10 frame; 360 degree landing gear; 2 Axis Stabilized SLR camera mount (7.25 inch wide) with servos; all from averticalview.com. This Hex platform will easily carry a full size DSLR camera such as Cannon T2i, T3i, Nikon D90, D7000, etc - will carry up to 3 to 4 lbs on camera gimbal. Provides 3 axis camera control - tilt and roll are on the gimbal; pan axis in on the landing gear (landing gear moves with camera and gimbal so that landing gear never gets in front of lens). Total weight including all shown in photos is 2160 grams or 4.76 lbs. This package includes all described above and shown in photos; one photo is included to show our setup with Canon T2i but this package does not include the motors, escs, FC, or camera. This system was tested only with a Canon T2i and Canon 18-200mm IS Lens (2.5 lbs total). All in in perfect condition, not even any rough landing or tip overs. Our plans have changed and we selling this equipment at a significant loss. We have approximately $1700 invested; selling for $750 shipped CONUS. PayPal or other method. Since I have no Trader rating here, Please see eBay ratings: billklineiii
SouthernBill is offline Find More Posts by SouthernBill
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:47 PM
United States, IA, Pella
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Southern Bill, does this include electronics for the stabilization for the camera mount? what motors ESC's in-flight controller and props did you used to get the lifting capacity that you did Also what batteries did you use and what kind of flight time did you get with the camera on board? would you sell it on eBay? thank you
Jim Gualtieri
jim.gualtieri@gmail.com
n110wa is offline Find More Posts by n110wa
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2008
16 Posts
Hi Jim, thanks for your interest. This does not include stabilization for the camera gimbal but it does include the servos for the gimbal - 3 of them. Airframe and Gimbal are from Averticalview.com, and they did the assembly. Gimbal is 3-axis and includes servos. All three axis are belt driven and very smooth. Bare airframe + gimbal weighs 4.76 lbs. With 2814 Avrotos, 11 inch props, and 2 X 5S5000's, it lifts up to about 4 lbs. Our setup which was only tested for a few flights was a Cannon T2i with zoom lens that weighed 2.5 lbs exactly. Our flight time about 11 minutes. Dimensions for this Hex is 950mm tip to tip (or motor to motor). I am not sure what you mean - would I sell it on ebay? But yes sure, and I probably will if I dont sell it here. We just think that selling here is potentially easier and no fees to ebay, etc. We are selling this because we have changed our minds on doing this.
SouthernBill is offline Find More Posts by SouthernBill
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, IA, Pella
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
What was your all up weight and what control did you use
I also left you a pvt mes
n110wa is offline Find More Posts by n110wa
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jan 2008