HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:12 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,081 Posts
Discussion
Yak 55 nearly finished!!!

Below are the pictures of the new Yak 55 sans spinner (stuck in the mail still!)

But all the hookups are done. Just have to clean up the wiring a bit, and figure out a few layouts for batteries, and fully attach the wings.

This plane has a LOT of throws on the control surfaces, so I set 50% for low rates (63% actually, 1/2 of the 125% I'm running the servos at on high rates).

This plane's color scheme and layout are truly superb, IMO. I really love the color scheme and format, and I am very proud of this model with the extras I put into her, such as the vanes, and CF gear. It really looks cool on there, and gives a very stable stance now to the plane. I'm SO glad that I did it...

Dry empty weight with no batteries is about 34.5oz (975g).

Comments welcomed. I am not sure exactly when I can maiden her, as it's very cold (-18C) and very snowy. Probably a few weeks before I may be able to take her up.

*I am also deciding on battery layout - this plane's CG sits right about where the main wing joiner tube fits, 85mm aft of the wing leading edge. However, I have NO way to fit standard 2200mAh batteries in her, as there's too much cross member and stuff to permit it. Further, even if I could, I'd probably need about an extra 30-50g minimum in the tail now to balance her out. Yes, the vanes and CF gear probably added about 2oz total, but the joiner tube is sort of in the way (but has to be there!). I'll figure it out, probably 2x 1300 30C 3S Lipos in parallel.

Sky Cadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying with the WHAM group!
to remove ads between posts