HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,389 Posts
First test:

quad (5 min 1 sec)

Not bad but lots of vibe issues. weird noises but it is not the motors, nor props. Not that I can hear standing near it. Lots of jello. I need to try some better props though. Need to get some graupners or zingers.

I also need to dial in the HFG a bit better too.

There was no post stabilization at all. this is raw footage at 2.7k
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Dec 15, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
NJ
Joined Nov 2004
42 Posts
Hey Wing... thanks for clearing that up...mine is exactly the same (no solder) also is there any link to a clean explanation for setting up the HFG Board??
Art-Tistic is offline Find More Posts by Art-Tistic
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:45 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-Tistic View Post
Hey Wing... thanks for clearing that up...mine is exactly the same (no solder) also is there any link to a clean explanation for setting up the HFG Board??
Not that i can find. I also found out I had a bad bearing on one of my motors. That is the crunchy sound I am getting. It was probably causing a good amount of vibes. I will retest later this week. Gary told me he is going to try to help me out in the HFG set up. I will post any tips once I find some.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:42 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,872 Posts
I will eventually try to put some more complete HFG setup info in the gimbal instructions. For now, I will add some basic stuff here. First of all, you need to go to Hoverflytech.com download page, and download/install the Hoverfly Firmware Update Clint, and the Hoverfly Gimbal Setup Client. I have been telling people to install v1.03 of the firmware but the latest v1.8x versions seem to be working as well, at least for me. Anyway, after loading the firmware, you need to do the temp calibration, if it hasn't been done already. Use a hair dryer, or a heat gun on low, but not closer than 2-3 feet. Next do the accelerometer cal, where you rotate the platform to each position and wait for the program to sense it.

As for settings, the mounting orientation should be set to "Top Back". For each axis servo configuration, there's really only a couple of settings, the "Scaling", or in other words, the gain, and the "Acceleration" value. For the Scaling, the numbers are really pretty much platform independent. for our gimbals, we use 30.3750 for the roll axis, and 7.6250 for til. Acceleration values are different, and are pretty much camera-related. the heavier the camera, the higher the value. For roll, the number for a light camera is going to around 250-300. For tilt, a light camera would need something like 400-450. The only other thing I do is open up the range to about 600-2400us.

More later...
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:40 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,389 Posts
Great, thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:45 AM
Joined May 2012
74 Posts
Removed
kokla55 is offline Find More Posts by kokla55
Last edited by kokla55; Jan 21, 2013 at 02:18 PM.