Closed Thread
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
If how Progressives treated M. Steele, M Love, C Rice, Col West, M Malkin, L Elder, E Williams and T Sowell are any indicators, I'm sure we'll be seeing some racially motivated nastiness from them that will be promptly ignored by the media.
Can you point out some "racially motivated nastiness" that has previously occurred?

It's an honest question, BTW.

Many of them have plenty of "opinions" that can be discussed - why would anyone be focused on anything racial is beyond my understanding. I'd more likely discard that and them without giving it any merit at all.

I'm also curious why you didn't include Herman Cain in your list. Oversight?
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:58 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Herman Cain was treated the same as the others. What is your point?
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:26 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
We're now past that point. 52% bought more of the same. What I see, like I mentioned about changing how I do business, is the approach going forward. DeMint is very smart about making the change now. I suspect more with follow suit.

Here's what I mean... its folks like this, who will dig in, have dug in, and will trade (do busness with) in a such way as to let Modern Liberalsim, its systems run its course, while at the same time stay true to core values... they will watch this clip and not understand it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...nn_romney.html
I believe with all my heart that many of the young leftist will in time come to understand reality and they will bring down those who led them astray will far more vigor than we can imagine. Nothing sours one like realizing those you trusted and believe in sold you a lie. Time will tell but when the change comes it will be sudden and unexpected.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:04 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
Can you point out some "racially motivated nastiness" that has previously occurred?

It's an honest question, BTW.

Many of them have plenty of "opinions" that can be discussed - why would anyone be focused on anything racial is beyond my understanding. I'd more likely discard that and them without giving it any merit at all.

I'm also curious why you didn't include Herman Cain in your list. Oversight?
Oversight? Nope ... just too many to list them all ... but if you're serious about learning how your fellow progressives treat Minority Conservatives, I'm willing to clue you in on some examples

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-104932-4054r/
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...cOFS8COWg.cspx
http://michellemalkin.com/2005/01/12...sellout-smear/
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:00 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Oversight? Nope ... just too many to list them all ... but if you're serious about learning how your fellow progressives treat Minority Conservatives, I'm willing to clue you in on some examples

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-104932-4054r/
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...cOFS8COWg.cspx
http://michellemalkin.com/2005/01/12...sellout-smear/
I'll check your links out later as time permits - a bit busy now.

But - one HUGE correction. No one is my "fellow progressives".

I've never been a Democrat or "progressive" (whatever that is), was in fact for many decades a Republican - until it became an embarrassment to admit it. It's even worse now.

I've been an Independent for many years, and always voted that way anyhow.

I also didn't vote for Obama in this past election. I voted for.....are you sitting down?........Gary Johnson.

I didn't support all he stands for but he seemed far more truthful and held positions that were at least stable from week to week. Unlike Mitt.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:22 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,541 Posts
Quote:
I'll check your links out later as time permits - a bit busy now.

But - one HUGE correction. No one is my "fellow progressives".

I've never been a Democrat or "progressive" (whatever that is), was in fact for many decades a Republican - until it became an embarrassment to admit it. It's even worse now.

I've been an Independent for many years, and always voted that way anyhow.

I also didn't vote for Obama in this past election. I voted for.....are you sitting down?........Gary Johnson.

I didn't support all he stands for but he seemed far more truthful and held positions that were at least stable from week to week. Unlike Mitt.
Well then you certainly aided Obama's election.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:24 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Romney lost by failing to inspire Coastal and others to vote for him. Same reason Gore lost. And Kerry.
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Did I now. Why don't you explain, clearly, EXACTLY how that happened.

Do you not understand how the the Electoral College works?

I'll be waiting for your "explanation".

BTW, I would have NEVER voted for the GOP ticket anyhow. The reasons were numerous.

But don't let that deter you from explaining how I "certainly aided Obama's election". I just can't wait to hear. I won't hold my breath, since I know you are rarely able to support what you write.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:26 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Romney lost by failing to inspire Coastal and others to vote for him. Same reason Gore lost. And Kerry.
Bingo! Isn't it funny how that works?

I didn't vote for Gore or Kerry either. Nor McCain.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:29 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Herman Cain was treated the same as the others. What is your point?
I asked a question. Nor was it directed at you. Sorry you got confused.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:29 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,541 Posts
Quote:
Did I now. Why don't you explain, clearly, EXACTLY how that happened.

Do you not understand how the the Electoral College works?

I'll be waiting for your "explanation".

BTW, I would have NEVER voted for the GOP ticket anyhow. The reasons were numerous.

But don't let that deter you from explaining how I "certainly aided Obama's election". I just can't wait to hear. I won't hold my breath, since I know you are rarely able to support what you write.
Don't hold your breath in your waiting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:31 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Why would I ever waste my time trying to explain the obvious to you Coastal. Not worth the effort.
You won't do it because there is no explanation that could possibly fit your statement. But if it's that "obvious", by all means explain it to all of us.
Explain to us all how my single vote would sway the entire Blue state I live in. Gosh, I never knew I held such power. Oh, wait. I don't

You must not understand the electoral college.

Quote:
Don't hold your breath in your waiting.
Oh, you already edited your response. But I got them both.

I learned long ago not to hold my breath waiting for you to actually support what you claim. You are virtually always unable to, and it's never surprising. Quite predictable.

It says volumes when one can't support what they write.
Last edited by CoastalFlyer; Dec 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:33 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,541 Posts
Quote:
You won't do it because there is no explanation that could possibly fit your statement.

You do understand the electoral college, right?
It seems to be you that don't understand it. If you did you would know that you helped Mr. Obama which achieved your goal. You got rid of Mitt without having to vote for Mr. Obama. I am sure race wasn't involved in that decision.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:44 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Quote:
It seems to be you that don't understand it. If you did you would know that you helped Mr. Obama which achieved your goal. You got rid of Mitt without having to vote for Mr. Obama.
Please tell me how I did that. Little old me? Wow - cool! Fill me in!

I had the same "goal" I always have. I voted for the man who I felt was the best fit for the job. The guy I voted for didn't repeatably lie nor change his position depending on who his audience was. If Mitt had stuck to his guns and remained truthful he quite likely would have won. He blew it.

How about your choice?

Quote:
I am sure race wasn't involved in that decision.
At least you FINALLY got something right. Good job!

You're also 100% correct that Mitt has one person to blame for his loss. That guy looks back at him every morning in the mirror. Caused him to grab sure defeat from the jaws of victory.
Last edited by CoastalFlyer; Dec 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Closed Thread