HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:20 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,382 Posts
Discussion
ESC help with Wally World specials?

Hey, I'm lost on this, and could really use some help. Little long on the post, but I figure the more info the better to help you help me.
Friend who purchased for his son a bunch of what I would call Wally World Specials. Found out pretty quick how poor the stock electronics were.

Up in the attic they went. He had gotten a hold of me to convert some 1/6 scale tanks and then these got dropped into my lap.

Picked up a pair of 3 channel tx's and rx's, but I haven't a clue on what to use esc wise.

They appear to be around 1/8th or so, some that run on 12 volt dry cells, and the rest are 7.2. Motors appear to be in the brushed 600 class, and all are geared down. One has dual motors,(4X4) and just for general info I hooked up a watt meter to it. 12 volt battery, running along I got 3.2 amps. Stalled it and I got 30 amps, that's the two motors combined.

Since he has so many of them, I planned on making a pair of modules for em. Module would contain the esc and rx, and could be swapped from truck to truck, to keep the costs down.

And before you ask, yeah I tried the LHS, told the "guru" there what I needed,70 bucks a pop, and I get em home and find they won't work with 12 volt systems...

So what I'm looking for is an esc that's 12 volt capable, has forward and reverse, and really don't need any other bells an whistles for these.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Brad
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
heres a cheap esc that would work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320A-High-Vo...item3f190adb3a
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger