Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:36 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Feb 2008
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Out of stock? I've got one NIB shipped FedEx Overnight Express for only $1000
Seems they have two more at Power Hobby, but of course the prioce has gone up a bit..
Wingwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:15 AM
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Feb 2012
368 Posts
I got in my second flight in today and a few more. Finally got this engine tuned in for 7000ft! Flying a 68" 8.5lb Stick very well with a 11x6. I'm going to though this 10cc on my H9 .50 Corsair
DMHIGHFLYER is offline Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hobbyzone sport cub
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:54 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltac View Post
does it come with a box of Twinkies?
And Sno-Ball's too!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:05 PM
Rocky Mountain High and Higher
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER View Post
I got in my second flight in today and a few more. Finally got this engine tuned in for 7000ft! Flying a 68" 8.5lb Stick very well with a 11x6. I'm going to though this 10cc on my H9 .50 Corsair
What are your base settings? I will at 7K altitude also .

Thanks, Ace
PROACE is offline Find More Posts by PROACE
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:14 PM
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Feb 2012
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROACE View Post
What are your base settings? I will at 7K altitude also .

Thanks, Ace
Ace,

I ran another 12oz through it on the ground very rich going from high to low idle. Then started to tune with a11x6 for flight. I ended up with high at 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 and the low at 1 1/2. The low was wwat was throwing me off and I could not get her to high rpm. Its running at 10,100 full throttle. I'm not sure if thats to lean, but I have 4 flights tuned that way and seems to do pretty good.
DMHIGHFLYER is offline Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hobbyzone sport cub
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Thanks that will be some thing for me to go on when my engine gets here in a week or so.

Thanks
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:06 PM
Denver, CO.
Joined Feb 2006
141 Posts
My EVO-10 RPM's

I live in West Denver at 5375ft. I first used a 10-6 APC and the engine was running about 13.4 R's, I then tried a ll-6 APC and the engine was running somewhere around 11.3 R's and the temp at the plug was getting over 300 F and climbing. I then went to a 10-7 APC and the RPM's are at 12.6K with the temp at the plug about 275 F. According to what I have read, the temp should be somewhere between 300 and 330 deg. F and the engine RPM's at 12-6k. How does that sound to you guys? BTW, I only had to move the high speed needle about 4 clicks leaner and all was well.
TomLee is offline Find More Posts by TomLee
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
I guess the flyers in the rockies are an exception with altitude. Makes me wish there was a optional carb available. Here where I live and fly at 7K the summer temps can get into the upper 90s and around 85F the density altitude is very close to 10K feet. The full scale Piper Cherokee I used to fly started huffing and puffing after 9K feet.
Then again if there weren't chalenges in the hobby it would be boring. BTW the engine I order should be getting off the sea container shortly
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:44 AM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,273 Posts
I picked one up from the LHS. Ordered all the parts for my 3D project. Doing a conversion of a Value Hobby Sabre 51". I am hoping for something in the 4lb range to get decent 3D performance. We shall see. I see from previous threads that JClark did a 51" slick conversion to .46 glow so with some reinforcement, electric airframes can handle the vibrations.
Enterprise7 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, TX, Lewisville
Joined Jan 2011
63 Posts
Got mine running today, man tons of power, I have it on a profile sabre 47 and even with the 10x6 it was pulling nice. Got a xoar 14x4 and 14x6 to try on it also
michael88997 is online now Find More Posts by michael88997
Old Mar 07, 2013, 01:06 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael88997 View Post
Got mine running today, man tons of power, I have it on a profile sabre 47 and even with the 10x6 it was pulling nice. Got a xoar 14x4 and 14x6 to try on it also
That plane sounds like a blast! Hope you'll share some flight impressions after you've had it a bit and gotten used to it? I'm tempted to try that, but have a 56" Yak up in the rafters that's new, never flown since loosing interest in glow a few years ago.
ahicks is offline Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:33 PM
Joined Dec 2006
86 Posts
I started (on a test bench) my 10cc gas Evo yesterday for the first time. It's intended to go into a model heli in the future if I can solve cooling duties.

As per the manual I've fitted a 10x6 prop for the initial tanks of fuel. It was slobbery rich to the point of being a very messy process and very lumpy running up to around 8000rpm or so, but the engine is running better and better with each run.

It was vibrating to the point where I could tighten the muffler bolts and engine mounting bolts after each run. But I can't wait to start leaning the HSN - an experimental pinch on the fuel supply line and this engine just wanted to get up and go!

I know the manual says 20:1 is the required fuel to oil ratio, but has anyone played with less oil? I'm using a very good oil (Klotz R50) and with the needle roller on the big end, I would have thought a lower oil content would be possible. I'm not a big fan of black oily residue.
brw0513_2 is offline Find More Posts by brw0513_2
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:21 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brw0513_2 View Post
I started (on a test bench) my 10cc gas Evo yesterday for the first time. It's intended to go into a model heli in the future if I can solve cooling duties.

As per the manual I've fitted a 10x6 prop for the initial tanks of fuel. It was slobbery rich to the point of being a very messy process and very lumpy running up to around 8000rpm or so, but the engine is running better and better with each run.

It was vibrating to the point where I could tighten the muffler bolts and engine mounting bolts after each run. But I can't wait to start leaning the HSN - an experimental pinch on the fuel supply line and this engine just wanted to get up and go!

I know the manual says 20:1 is the required fuel to oil ratio, but has anyone played with less oil? I'm using a very good oil (Klotz R50) and with the needle roller on the big end, I would have thought a lower oil content would be possible. I'm not a big fan of black oily residue.
I was hoping for a better ratio also, but I am sticking to 20:1. The "Black oily residue" gets a lot cleaner after the first gallon or so of gas. It gradually becomes clear and much less messy. It is still a lot of oil. I don't understand why since I also run a Saito FG-14 at 20:1 and the exhaust is very clean with minimum spatter? Go figure?? BTW I run both engines from the same fuel jug??
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:47 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brw0513_2 View Post

I had the same issue with my engine to the point I had to put CA glue on the end of the exhaust bolt to hold them done. I have around 4 tanks through the engine and i have moved up to a 11x6 prop. the strange thing is that between 4,000-8,000 rpm I get alot of 4 stroking (rich) but after 8,000 rpm the engine sound sweat and seems to be running witout 4stroking.

can anyone suggest how i can fix this issues?
Boostoman is offline Find More Posts by Boostoman