HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:22 PM
United States, TX, Lewisville
Joined Jan 2011
61 Posts
Just got mine tonight... Looks very high quality, I also bought a couple of Evo props and the Evo oil
michael88997 is offline Find More Posts by michael88997
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:01 PM
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Feb 2012
300 Posts
I have got my big stick complete and ready to fly. I have a Bisson pitts, two 2200mah 6v and 4.8v on the ignition and an Rcxel kill switch. Mixed evo oil at 20:1, starts and runs great! I ballanced a 10x6, 12x8 and a 13x8 starting with the 10x6. Can' wait to fly it!
DMHIGHFLYER is offline Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hobbyzone sport cub
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:50 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,861 Posts
Would this be a Hotrod of a motor on the 50 size Hangar 9 P40? Or would it be more like piss poor scale performance? Everything I fly is overpowered and I'm thinking of selling my Saito 80 for this.
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,809 Posts
I wonder if diaphragms in that Evo carb would stand up to methanol?
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FAA & Model avaition
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:43 PM
United States, TX, League City
Joined Feb 2009
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenh3497 View Post
I wonder if diaphragms in that Evo carb would stand up to methanol?
One other consideration about running on methanol. It burns cooler than gas. This is an ABC engine designed for the temps of gas. Would it run hot enough to not damage it burning methanol. Typically when converting a glow engine to gas they are ringed so the higher temp is not an issue as it would be on glow.

An ABC has to run hot enough for everything to expand the right amount.

I wonder if the same thing applies here just sort of in the opposite way.

Good thought Ken. I also thought that would be one way for ponies.

Ken
greyflight390 is offline Find More Posts by greyflight390
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:58 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Nov 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER View Post
I have got my big stick complete and ready to fly. I have a Bisson pitts, two 2200mah 6v and 4.8v on the ignition and an Rcxel kill switch. Mixed evo oil at 20:1, starts and runs great! I ballanced a 10x6, 12x8 and a 13x8 starting with the 10x6. Can' wait to fly it!
what size is that still it looks like a 60/90 I hope it has enough power to pull it i will be waiting to here how it dose
dbar101219 is offline Find More Posts by dbar101219
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:18 PM
Engine Category Manager - EVO,
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2005
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
Would this be a Hotrod of a motor on the 50 size Hangar 9 P40? Or would it be more like piss poor scale performance? Everything I fly is overpowered and I'm thinking of selling my Saito 80 for this.
This engine is perfect for the P40

Pete
Pete Bergstrom is offline Find More Posts by Pete Bergstrom
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:32 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,861 Posts
Pete, your the man! Even though you work there and have to say it is LOL
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:58 PM
Now you see it...
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
446 Posts
I just picked up the H9 P40 from the LHS just for my second 10. I'm not putting it together yet I'm just keeping it in standby till I get itchy. Should be a great match up tho.
ehskds is offline Find More Posts by ehskds
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:48 PM
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Feb 2012
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbar101219 View Post
what size is that still it looks like a 60/90 I hope it has enough power to pull it i will be waiting to here how it dose
Its a .60 size that I was in the process of building when I picked up this engine. Though I break it in on this plane, not sure how it will do, but the stick is lighter then my H9 50 corsair, and my seagull .46 Decathlon that this engine is going on. The stick has alot bigger wing area, so I though it would be a floater and easy for break in. When broke in I would like to see how it does in my H9 p-51 .40 that has a .60nx in it.
DMHIGHFLYER is offline Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hobbyzone sport cub
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:45 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER View Post
Its a .60 size that I was in the process of building when I picked up this engine. Though I break it in on this plane, not sure how it will do, but the stick is lighter then my H9 50 corsair, and my seagull .46 Decathlon that this engine is going on. The stick has alot bigger wing area, so I though it would be a floater and easy for break in. When broke in I would like to see how it does in my H9 p-51 .40 that has a .60nx in it.
Can't wait to hear how it flies the 60 Big Stik. If it works for you I would love to put this engine on one.
I think it will work........mine just keeps getting more power as I run and tweak it. Unlimited verticle in a 6.5lb plane with a 13X6 prop. Yippie.
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:57 AM
Now you see it...
Joined Feb 2006
446 Posts
Ready for flight but I don't know when il have the chance to get it out.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:46 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Feb 2008
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehskds View Post
Ready for flight but I don't know when il have the chance to get it out.
Looks good! The Revolver should fly well with that motor. Mine had an OS 55 AX in it back in the day and it flew great with that engine. If this is your first revolver you might consider programming flaperons into it, as mine landed very hot. Got to the point where I preferred dead sticking it down! Then I discovered flaperons.

Have fun!
Wingwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:03 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Feb 2008
1,969 Posts
I used to have the Hangar 9 Mini-Pulse XT and loved it.

I imagine that this engine will pair well with the Pulse XT 40.

Any thoughts? If I decide to give it a go I will definately post updates.
Wingwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:17 PM
Now you see it...
Joined Feb 2006
446 Posts
I've had this revolver for a few years with the 55 in it and yes she is a hot lander. Found the Evo 10 and like the stats, thought I would give it try. The last time I had the plane out I was coming down the runway inverted at about 3/4 throttle, I got a little to close and the rudder grabbed some dirt. It slid clear across the runway ripping off the rudder and cracking the canopy. To tell you the truth there wasn't much damage considering how fast it was going. Didn't even break the prop.