Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:39 AM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeast View Post
Dar,

I think that it is spelled "Carburetor" to start with and I, like everybody else here, have an interest in hearing facts and valid information. Horizon Hobby seems to be the best source. People with direct knowledge... i.e. ... "They own one" are also valid sources of knowledge and as far as Iím concerned, it seems to me that you have some other motive and spend a lot of time being disruptive without actually contributing anything. The Horizon Guys have seemingly gone away rather than deal with you. I am amazed at the number of posts that you have made and actually said nothing valid about a product that you donít even own. Give the rest of us a breakÖ..

Nick
+1 Amen!
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:51 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarZeelon View Post
But still, the absence of the pump and the reliance on the very low muffler pressure, will, I believe, make it not run as well.
muffler pressure

NGH 9 CC engine. (1 min 19 sec)
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:08 AM
Israel, Ramat HaSharon
Joined Nov 2003
1,209 Posts
Mik,

Are you trying to prove the NGH engine that includes a fuel-pump, does run on muffler pressure?
I never argued that such an engine won't; certainly in static conditions.

It is the dynamic changes in attitude and G-forces that will make using the pump preferable.
Most of us do not limit ourselves to bench-running their engines...

DarZeelon is online now Find More Posts by DarZeelon
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:37 AM
Istanbul, Turkey
Joined Aug 2004
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarZeelon View Post
Mik,

Are you trying to prove the NGH engine that includes a fuel-pump, does run on muffler pressure?
I never argued that such an engine won't; certainly in static conditions.

It is the dynamic changes in attitude and G-forces that will make using the pump preferable.
Most of us do not limit ourselves to bench-running their engines...

+1
Hi Mikarro sorry for repeating again and again but I have to remind,my NGH9 even with pump(but regulator is removed) is running so great in static condition.Great low idling, great transition,great WOT but when I attempt to nose up stiuation WOT gets erratic and stops immediately at WOT if I play with throttle.Unfortunately I cant test it only with muffler pressure because my bench doesnt allow to put a glow type muffler(with pressure nipple).
turk1 is offline Find More Posts by turk1
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:36 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,091 Posts
HOW did the hijackers turn this into an NGH9 thread? It is WELL KNOWN that the NGH9 has LOTS of problems in practical use. It only seems to run well on the bench (reading the hundreds of posts about it).!!
From personal experience I can say that the Evolution .10 runs perfectly, right out of the box, in a plane in normal flight. What more do we want?

Now, NGH people, PLEASE GO BACK to your own thread!!!
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:27 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker DII View Post
HOW did the hijackers turn this into an NGH9 thread? It is WELL KNOWN that the NGH9 has LOTS of problems in practical use. It only seems to run well on the bench (reading the hundreds of posts about it).!!
From personal experience I can say that the Evolution .10 runs perfectly, right out of the box, in a plane in normal flight. What more do we want?

Turk and Dar aren't really RC hobbyists if they were they wouldn't post crap like they are. They just like to go around and stir the pot hence all the posts in this thread and zero value added from them.
Hance is online now Find More Posts by Hance
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:50 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Nov 2011
133 Posts
this is a little off topic but has anyone tried to run the receiver and ignition off of the same battery? I was thinking about it to save wieght with this small engine
dbar101219 is offline Find More Posts by dbar101219
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,313 Posts
The Tech Aero IBEC weighs a mere 6/10th of an ounce and gives you an ignition kill switch from the transmitter.
For the 20cc and smaller camp, the IBEC is the way to go.
http://www.tech-aero.net/Home
Pete
pilotpete2 is online now Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:12 PM
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
1,381 Posts
I've not used an IBEC before (always used separate ignition battery) but got a TA model for this engine. Have not used a LiFe battery before either but have it and a charger coming.

So, this Horizon engine is opening several horizons here.
AA5BY is online now Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:56 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Nov 2011
133 Posts
I have two gas airplanes and I have been using nimh batterys a 4 cell for the ignition and 5 cell for the receiver I was hopping on just using the 5 cell and a remote kill swicth
dbar101219 is offline Find More Posts by dbar101219
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:01 PM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,248 Posts
Oh, how I miss Konrad!
GeoffinIN is offline Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
672 Posts
I seemed to have missed the videos of this engine running.....

Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbar101219 View Post
I have two gas airplanes and I have been using nimh batterys a 4 cell for the ignition and 5 cell for the receiver I was hopping on just using the 5 cell and a remote kill swicth
Yes you can use a single battery pack with the 10cc Evo engine. 4 cell or five cell no ad or nmh pack. Or a two cell lipo or life pack.

But it would be wise to have some sort of a RFI filter in there to prevent the radio from having problems. Some optical switches have a filter built in as we'll as some iBecs too.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:10 PM
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
1,381 Posts
Dbar... I'm wondering whether the output of cold NiMh batteries is adequate when adding the ignition. I know they are doing it successfully with lipos and LiFe. Just wondering.
AA5BY is online now Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
who is we* ? do you think everyone fly boring trainers ?

Quote:
if you don't like don't read! this is not HHGROUPS.COM anyway you have the vendor section if you want to start a clean thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman26 View Post
I seemed to have missed the videos of this engine running.....
+1 until now it's just vaporware I wish a video from earlwb because he's not spektrum fanboy.
DoctorX is offline Find More Posts by DoctorX
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)