HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:46 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
490 Posts
Discussion
The sims are NOT the same

I have been flipping and flying around fearlessly on Pheonix 4 for over a week now. So when a nice day presented itself, I took the Nano CP X out and tried going inverted twice. I was able to keep it there for a few seconds, but my instincts for real life inverted flying are not there yet and now I have a hole in my canopy to remind me of that.

The nCPX flies a lot like my mQX and I realized that whenever I try to just hover and turn, I can't keep it either of them in the exact same spot and lose a little control. Yet, forward flights are no problem. I need a good tutorial on handling the sticks in hover on these before because I feel the sim is taking me in the wrong direction.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:02 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,024 Posts
Keep practicing on the sim! trust me. I spent the better part of summer learning to fly 3d with the helis on the sim. Now you have to realize that in real life the helis make you fly more high strung so you start to second guess yourself. Keep going until you can do perfect inverted hovers on some of the smaller CP helis available on the simulator.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:53 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalspark View Post
Keep practicing on the sim! trust me. I spent the better part of summer learning to fly 3d with the helis on the sim. Now you have to realize that in real life the helis make you fly more high strung so you start to second guess yourself. Keep going until you can do perfect inverted hovers on some of the smaller CP helis available on the simulator.
I will keep practicing on the sim because I do like it when it is cold out. Hopefully there will be a nCPx to download soon. I have been flying jets in the sim because I bought one for my wife to wrap up and give me for Christmas. From what I read about the one I bought, I will probably have a couple of spectacular crashes to start. I need to get a good bottle of foam safe CA to go with it.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:26 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,024 Posts
crashing is always guaranteed! I have been flying for years and I still do it every once in a while
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue