HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by borntoolate, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:04 PM
modify...modify...modify
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2012
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2 View Post
It's 53 1/2 inches. I didn't do the flaps or bombbay to tell you the truth I never even thought about it but you got me thinking now. I have read that if I change to the FMS props I'll get better power from her.
After I saw Merlinv16's full flap landings, I knew I had made the right decision to add the flaps. I also modified the elevator control controls. The stock set-up was just not right. I changed the 2 external elevator push-rods into a single internal rod. It looks better and the slop is gone. I just finished installing the bomb bay yesterday. I am sure it isn't perfect but it looks pretty good and it works. To give credit where it is due, most if not all, of my mods came from the experts here on RCGroups. This is my first electric plane as well as my first foam warbird. I wish I could do something about the small main gear. My buddy is modding his to accept 2.5 in wheels. I am trying to take pictures of the mods in case someone asks me how I did something. When I get better at the blog thing, I will add some pictures.
borntoolate is online now Find More Posts by borntoolate
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:11 PM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,054 Posts
Looks fantastic! Now that's a B-25!
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:20 PM
modify...modify...modify
Joined Mar 2012
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncebk2003 View Post
Looks fantastic! Now that's a B-25!
Thank you. I appreciate your comments!

btl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:03 PM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
548 Posts
Darn! Your Duck makes mine look...Well Ruptured How did you do the flaps two servos per wing? One for the inner and one for the outer flaps?
cmk-2 is offline Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:55 PM
modify...modify...modify
Joined Mar 2012
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2 View Post
Darn! Your Duck makes mine look...Well Ruptured How did you do the flaps two servos per wing? One for the inner and one for the outer flaps?
Thank you much, but I am sure your is very nice... and yours has actually flown. Something mine has not yet done!

I only used 1 servo per wing on the flaps. After giving it much thought, I cut a small channel through the nacelle and tied the two sections together. I epoxied a thin dowel into the two sections. It was trial and error. My port side came out cleaner than my starboard side. Then I put the servo inboard from the engine nacelle. It seems strong and free moving - so far!

Here is a picture. Please bear in mind this is my first foam a/c and my cutting skills were untried!
RCG Plus Member