HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:47 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I love this place.
It is fun to watch. I keep expecting to hear my mom yell "Boys!!!! Stop fighting and get ready for bed."
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:06 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
MtnGoat is American, last time I checked, this is an American chat site, so let's use American rules for him, right?
Having problems with his new clothes?
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
Quote:
I have never seen a larger group attack on a member of LTUP since I have been here.
You ain't been looking that hard.
anyway who is doing the attacking?
I just asked the goat to post something that made sense.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
He uses concepts which are familiar to anyone who has read up on Libertarianism. I think it's unfair to accuse him of not using English, when he actually is, just in a way that requires more than a cursory glance to understand.

He didn't obfuscate, as he easily could have, so I think the accusation unfounded.

I have seen in previous cases, accusations against his "English", where the accuser was simply ignorant of Libertarian concepts. It wasn't a case of MtnGoat;s English skills, it was a case of simply not having the frame of reference to properly evaluate his words. I think that also is the case, here.

If any of his "English tutors" can explain what Libertarian concepts are involved, without resorting to Google or similar, I will happy retract my opinion.
If the Goat is trying to sell Libertarianism, would it not be reasonable to expect him to post in a manner legible to those who have not read the fantasy books he takes his ideas from.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:41 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
This

http://gopthedailydose.com/2012/12/0...eat-tax-hikes/
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:58 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
I bet somehow it would still end up being Bush's fault. Besides, it is clear that the America people don't really want prosperity as long as they can take the rich down with them. Revenge you know.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:28 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
If the Goat is trying to sell Libertarianism, would it not be reasonable to expect him to post in a manner legible to those who have not read the fantasy books he takes his ideas from.
If one was interested in making a valid case my arguments were wrong, why one would be showing actual contradictions in them instead of resorting to the method you're demonstrating here.

I notice you have few problems with the fantasies of the left, where the contradictions abound. Of course this is a given for moral systems which not only make no claim to being logical, they actively avoid self analysis or critiques which would result in one which is. After all, down that path would be the falsification of so many of the assertions the ideas rest upon.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Legible libertarianism? That's like trying to prove Twilight is non-fiction.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
If one was interested in making a valid case my arguments were wrong, why one would be showing actual contradictions in them instead of resorting to the method you're demonstrating here.

I notice you have few problems with the fantasies of the left, where the contradictions abound. Of course this is a given for moral systems which not only make no claim to being logical, they actively avoid self analysis or critiques which would result in one which is. After all, down that path would be the falsification of so many of the assertions the ideas rest upon.
I have made valid cases before, each time you claim I am arguing against something you are not saying.
This is a common argument from you, not just with me, but with others.
Each time we take one of your posts, brake it down and argue against it, you move the goal posts, change the idea, say we are misunderstanding your points.and the best one, when we have you cornered and shown to be in error, you abandon the thread and start one on a different subject.

I have no problems with my beliefs, I don't believe they are what you make them out to be, the left does not believe half the things you claim it does and does not do the things you say it does.
As for your stated beliefs being based on Logic and morals, what a load of
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:34 AM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
I have made valid cases before, each time you claim I am arguing against something you are not saying.
This is a common argument from you, not just with me, but with others.
Each time we take one of your posts, brake it down and argue against it, you move the goal posts, change the idea, say we are misunderstanding your points.and the best one, when we have you cornered and shown to be in error, you abandon the thread and start one on a different subject.

I have no problems with my beliefs, I don't believe they are what you make them out to be, the left does not believe half the things you claim it does and does not do the things you say it does.
As for your stated beliefs being based on Logic and morals, what a load of
And of course goat derails a thread to be all about him, no less!
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:46 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Quote:
I have never seen a larger group attack on a member of LTUP since I have been here.
I would suggest that you cannot have been paying attention then. If you doubt that just think back a little to the threads that involved a substantial number of members making actual personal attacks on, for instance, Kenny Sharp. In contrast this thread does not contain any personal attacks on Mtn Goat.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:50 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
One would normally expect someone to be cogent in the subject that he is discussing before they started accusing him of not posting in English.

Say, did my explanation do any good? Did it make his post "understandable"?
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:06 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,169 Posts
Quote:
I bet somehow it would still end up being Bush's fault.
Bush? Who's he?
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:08 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
If it was post 43, it didn't exactly flow off the tongue, but as I'm used to correcting English by native Spanish speakers, I might not be the best judge.
Did my explanation help?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:12 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Having problems with his new clothes?
Now see, I don't get that reference, unless it's a reference to The Emperor's New Clothes, and I don't see how it fits. No one is supporting a denial of reality WRT someone else's fantasy.

But I wouldn't accuse you of not posting in English, when it's a lack of understanding on my part.