Osijek, Croatia
Joined Oct 2010
151 Posts
New Product
Orange T-SIX

Just released, looks like it has everything as Spektrum DX6i:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html

gcok is offline Find More Posts by gcok
Last edited by gcok; Dec 07, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,119 Posts
the screen looks nice,
but is not modular, and the clear plastic make it look like a toy.
very big antena, there is reason to make it that tall...
there is not any 3-position switch ! so bad.

its nice to see new products, but looks like 9XD/X12D are going to be the way to go
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:00 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
9xd is not spektrum compatible so youre comparing apples with oranges. and at 4x-5x the price not even in the running. not to mention it dont actually exist. the real comparison is with 9xr but thats vaporware too atm. this thing is real.

ps how about fixing that link in post #1 instead of starting a new one eveyr 10 minutes. speaking of which:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759538
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Last edited by dave1993; Dec 06, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:53 AM
Osijek, Croatia
Joined Oct 2010
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
9xd is not spektrum compatible so youre comparing apples with oranges. and at 4x-5x the price not even in the running. not to mention it dont actually exist. the real comparison is with 9xr but thats vaporware too atm. this thing is real.

ps how about fixing that link in post #1 instead of starting a new one eveyr 10 minutes. speaking of which:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759538
Uuups, I have fixed the link , sorry about that, and I haven't noticed opened thread.
My link is to the product itsef,it was released yesterday.
gcok is offline Find More Posts by gcok
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:26 PM
let's FLY!
United States, VT, Castleton
Joined Dec 2007
2,295 Posts
Quote:
very big antena, there is reason to make it that tall...
there is not any 3-position switch ! so bad.
Antenna length looks about the same as my DX6i. And there are no 3-position switches on the DX6i either, which this TX was obviously designed to compete directly with. (not that I wouldn't like a 3-way switch!)

When I saw this on the HK site the other day I thought I'd certainly like to give one a try. But choosing the cheapest shipping method makes it about $90, which is close to the price of a good used DX6i. I'll wait to see what the cost is when the US warehouse gets them, but that could take a while.
JimZinVT is offline Find More Posts by JimZinVT
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:16 AM
Teddy Ong
Joined Nov 2012
580 Posts
Hello, I'm asking if the T-six will bind to spectrum Rx? I broke my DX6i and looking for cheap replacement. All my radio stuff are spectrum
Teddy Ong is offline Find More Posts by Teddy Ong
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:04 AM
Old Timer
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ong View Post
Hello, I'm asking if the T-six will bind to spectrum Rx? I broke my DX6i and looking for cheap replacement. All my radio stuff are spectrum
It sure will.
California Condor is offline Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:13 PM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
661 Posts
Well that's a spectrum killer if I ever saw one, too bad the US warehouse is sold out. I shop for Radios by shopping for Receivers first, and this one sure beats the other budget models since there are some super lightweight Rx that orange makes, and no cheesy computer programming required like the Fly Sky?.

I'm wondering why the other budget models like turnigy and frsky have very limited (heavy) receiver options.

I'm thinking of switching to this because the Frsky Transmitter is way overpriced, what were they thinking? And I'm a bit maxed out at converting old FM radios to Frsky, would be nice to get some new electronics.

Well anything that puts the overpriced spectrum/horizon hobby stuff to shame is OK by me.
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:59 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotagen View Post
I'm thinking of switching to this because the Frsky Transmitter is way overpriced, what were they thinking?
Taranis overpriced at $175 for a transmitter that does what costs several times as much for anything comparable from other manufacturers???

You've got to be kidding. The Orange 6 is an OK cheap transmitter. Taranis is in a different league.

Why are you reopening this old dead thread anyway?
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:38 AM
United States, NY, Syosset
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Sticks

Can anyone report on how good the sticks are? Do they center well? I had one of the earlier spectrum transmitters and found they did not center well at all, you could especially notice it on a sim.

Thanks,

Rob
RobT01 is offline Find More Posts by RobT01
Old Nov 06, 2013, 11:40 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,139 Posts
It has been said that the stix on this radio are comparable to a DX8.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug