HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:06 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
Mini-Review
Eflite Edge 540QQ 280 First Impression

This new small aerobat from Eflite I just had to give it a try. the brushless power and real servos compared to the smaller micros, had me willing to give it a try. the assembly is very easy, wing tube and screw to hold the wings on. The only thing I have noticed so far was the plastic part that has the pins holding the battery hatch on came off easily, and the canopy its as secure as I would like, both very easy fix. the elevator halves are not quite even on mine also, so watch out.

First flight was good shake down, had to adjust the elevator trim but otherwsie tracks well. I think I have owned helicopters with a slower headspeed then the rollrate on this little plane, so needless to say it blenders well. After two flights I can say I should enjoy this plane alot once I get things dialed in.. It should also be a fun mini redbull style racer if someone dared. being so new I wanted to share this, Im sure more info will come about soon. Ill get more photos and video soon. more info
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-basic-EFL6250
Mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:57 PM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,191 Posts
Oh Yeah!

I test flew mine yesterday and loved it....

Roll rate is amazing...

I did read that there was an upgrade for the propeller...
Where on RCG I cannot find ???

Could use help finding that
thread....

Alan
Terminator is offline Find More Posts by Terminator
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,034 Posts
7x3.5 gws seems to be the best call so far on props. More thrust than the stock one on less amps. A few have tried others, but this one keeps coming out on top. The only glitch is that hub is thicker than stock prop, so you either sand off the front face of the hub to gain threads for prop nut or turn stock prop nut around and put hex inside the hex formed in the front of the gws prop. You have to cut the spinner prop openings out a touch. It all takes all of a minute to do.
And yes, the roll rate is ballistic on this thing. But an absolutely beautiful flyer with no bad habits noted thus far.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:50 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
good to get this going, keep the info coming as it progresses, I havent been able to fly the last few days, but I hope to this week.
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,034 Posts
I can't get enough of flyin this thing - It is super amazing. The best foam aerobatic plane from eflight yet.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
7x3.5 gws seems to be the best call so far on props. More thrust than the stock one on less amps. A few have tried others, but this one keeps coming out on top. The only glitch is that hub is thicker than stock prop, so you either sand off the front face of the hub to gain threads for prop nut or turn stock prop nut around and put hex inside the hex formed in the front of the gws prop. You have to cut the spinner prop openings out a touch. It all takes all of a minute to do.
And yes, the roll rate is ballistic on this thing. But an absolutely beautiful flyer with no bad habits noted thus far.
Thanks Bobly!

Hope to beat the rain with the new prop.

Alan
Terminator is offline Find More Posts by Terminator
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:21 PM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
Does anyone know how to program the ESC? Mine just beeps continuously. I inadvertently got it into programming mode and now can't get it to do anything but beep. Horizon has no manual for it, none in the instructions either.

Kip
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX ASK 21 with EDF pod
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:41 PM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
I found the manual for another E-flite 10 amp ESC. I'll try those instructions.
Wish me luck.

Kip
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX ASK 21 with EDF pod
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:09 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAV8R13 View Post
Does anyone know how to program the ESC? Mine just beeps continuously. I inadvertently got it into programming mode and now can't get it to do anything but beep. Horizon has no manual for it, none in the instructions either.

Kip
try reversing the throttle and trim throttle all the way down.
jonnyc is offline Find More Posts by jonnyc
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:16 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAV8R13 View Post

Kip
Likely no need to program the esc. Just perfect the binding technique. This thing is really particular about how you bind it. Set up tx first and make sure that throttle trim is ALL the way down. Then turn off tx. Carefully short out the two pins on the rx with something that stays in place that you don't have to hold. While the two pins are shorted, plug in plane battery to rx. Press bind button on tx, and turn on. Should now bind easily. The two gottchas are making sure throttle trim is all the way down and making sure you get the two pins shorted out with something that will stay solid while you perform the rest of the procedure. I used a pair of metal tweezers with a rubber band wrapped around them to short pins. Others have used paper clips, hemostats, alligator clips, so just what you use isn't as important as making sure they are solid.

Edit: all kinds of info on this plane in the Micro forum here. Don't understand why it's in the Micro section - this is no micro, but is park flyer extraordinary. Anyway - lots of info there.
Last edited by bobly; Jan 14, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: forgot something