SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:57 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
Thanks, Daniel.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:49 AM
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Nothing wrong with the 7950TH servos.
I have one in my rudder in the 87" Sbach and its strong, very, very fast and no jitter.

I run at 8.2V through castle BEC pro for my electric setup plane.

Once I get up to this 91" scale extra and DA60 it will be 7950TH all around and the same size arms Daniel is using.

I have 1.5" aileron arms on my Sbach and even maxed out the roll rate is pretty tame compared to my smaller extra's.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:13 AM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
Geeked out a bit last night.

If I go Savox this is what I'm getting.

rudder and elevators
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2270...avsb2270sg.htm

ailerons
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2273...avsb2273sg.htm

and throttle
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2271...avsb2271sg.htm

Seems Savox are a bit cheaper and I like that they are "GREEN" however true that is.. Has anyone tried them in bigger setups? The ones in the 48" are solid. I know talk is cheap but I pull just about all the stops on them.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Last edited by m0dest; Dec 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: links didn't work
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
ecaa3d, nice flying with you on pheonix this weekend.

Anyway, I have used savox 0255s on a 51" plane and a standard servo arm, and based on a sample of four, and one unexplained failure, I don't like them. 4096-bit resolution, like being "green", doesn't impress me either. Somebody pointed out that if you had a stick/gimble that had 4096 bit resolution, it would be able to measure your pulse in your thumb.

I haven't made a decision yet, but I am looking at:

HS-7945TH 319 oz-in 0.10 sec/60°, 68 grams, 39.88 x 20.07 x 38.10 (elevators/ailerons)
HS-7950TH 486 oz/in 0.13 sec/60°, 65.2g weight, 39.88 x 19.81 x 36.83 (rudder)
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:55 AM
Extreme Flight Tech Support
exeter_acres's Avatar
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2005
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
No. Washington state. It's legal here to distill your own spirits as long as you don't sell it.
Not according to the State....

http://www.liq.wa.gov/enforcement/distillery-faq

Quote:
I want to make small amounts of distilled spirits as a hobby. Is this legal?
No, it is illegal to produce distilled spirits without a license. It is also against the law to own a still.

If you wish to make small amounts of spirits, a craft distillery license allows you to produce 60,000 gallons or less a year with at least half of the raw materials used in the production grown in Washington. The license costs $100.

to my knowledge it is not legal anywhere in the States without a license.
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
Geeked out a bit last night.

If I go Savox this is what I'm getting.

rudder and elevators
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2270...avsb2270sg.htm

ailerons
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2273...avsb2273sg.htm

and throttle
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2271...avsb2271sg.htm

Seems Savox are a bit cheaper and I like that they are "GREEN" however true that is.. Has anyone tried them in bigger setups? The ones in the 48" are solid. I know talk is cheap but I pull just about all the stops on them.
ive got 4x of the 2271 on their way for a 65 vyper. if i do a 50ccer i plan on using some of the others
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
i go with the futaba bls 152 as i have them laying around and they prooved to work excellent in the krill yak 28%.
if i had to buy new, no question, i d go with bls 157.
about the hs 79xx, there are quiet some unhappy reports about.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,632 Posts
7955's - Great servos. HV capable.
7954's - Some of them have had issues with the gears which leads to locking up. Make sure they are updated, or just get 7955's.
7950's - Full of issues. Requires clean power to eliminate glitching. Wears out and gears tighten up much sooner than 7955's.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
Not according to the State....

http://www.liq.wa.gov/enforcement/distillery-faq




to my knowledge it is not legal anywhere in the States without a license.
Yeah I did a bit of research after i made that post. The craft distillers law was passed in 2009 which had a lot of people including myself thinking it was legal.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Last edited by m0dest; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
7955's - Great servos. HV capable.
7954's - Some of them have had issues with the gears which leads to locking up. Make sure they are updated, or just get 7955's.
7950's - Full of issues. Requires clean power to eliminate glitching. Wears out and gears tighten up much sooner than 7955's.
Soooo, what are you going to be using?

I was thinking of doing 7955s elevator/ailerons but wanted more torque for the rudder.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
ecaa3d, nice flying with you on pheonix this weekend.

Anyway, I have used savox 0255s on a 51" plane and a standard servo arm, and based on a sample of four, and one unexplained failure, I don't like them. 4096-bit resolution, like being "green", doesn't impress me either. Somebody pointed out that if you had a stick/gimble that had 4096 bit resolution, it would be able to measure your pulse in your thumb.

I haven't made a decision yet, but I am looking at:

HS-7945TH 319 oz-in 0.10 sec/60°, 68 grams, 39.88 x 20.07 x 38.10 (elevators/ailerons)
HS-7950TH 486 oz/in 0.13 sec/60°, 65.2g weight, 39.88 x 19.81 x 36.83 (rudder)

Yeah nice flying man,

Sorry had to bail early. Work is sloooow today...may be hitting up the field if it doesn't pick up and the rain stays away.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
Extreme Flight Tech Support
exeter_acres's Avatar
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2005
819 Posts
I actually wanna build a still too........


but you didn't hear it from me!
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
I actually wanna build a still too........


but you didn't hear it from me!
......
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:36 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Soooo, what are you going to be using?

I was thinking of doing 7955s elevator/ailerons but wanted more torque for the rudder.
I'm not building one of these; going to wait for the 91" Yak. However for my 104" Extra I will be using BLS 157's all around. They are expensive but they are simply the best servo you can buy right now.

When I build my Yak I will probably go with 7955's on ailerons and elevator and a 7950 on the rudder because I have some laying around. But if I were to start from scratch I would probably spring for a BLS 157 or 7990.

Curtis, I want some of that hooch whenever you finish making it.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
7955's - Great servos. HV capable.
7954's - Some of them have had issues with the gears which leads to locking up. Make sure they are updated, or just get 7955's.
7950's - Full of issues. Requires clean power to eliminate glitching. Wears out and gears tighten up much sooner than 7955's.
Thanks.

I saw one video shoing the 7950 glitching...have to do some more searching. It doesn't get much cleaner than lipo power. Seems to me something else has to be going on...I'll have to poke around some more.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP or 60" Extra 300 EXP Liberty10 3D Flying 12 Aug 10, 2012 10:36 PM
Sold Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300-EXP RTF hosam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 May 15, 2012 06:05 AM
Found Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP fuselage... pilotuku Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 May 14, 2012 12:43 PM
Sold extreme flight extra 300 48" exp The_MonsterMash Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:49 AM