SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:44 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
You have to sign up for flight pass/higher plane productions. There are 2 or 3 videos of Daniel flying it.

There is even footage of the 78'' MXS and 60'' Laser
...i have to pay for flightpass just to watch a plane fly? i mean i understand flightpass is great, but seriously? no videos for me to decide if i am interested in the plane unless I pay for a subscription? interesting.
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:03 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
You have to sign up for flight pass/higher plane productions. There are 2 or 3 videos of Daniel flying it.

There is even footage of the 78'' MXS and 60'' Laser
ok,laser i found, but where is 78 mxs and 91 extra?
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:04 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
...i have to pay for flightpass just to watch a plane fly?
The videos were taken by and are probably owned by the people who run flight pass. Though I guess flight pass and EF know and do business with each other, the videos in question are probably owned by flight pass, not EF.

I am not a member of flight pass, but I have bought some DVDs and bluerays from them...they have good production and useful videos. Those cameras and computers they use didn't come cheap, so they pay for it with subscriptions and sales.

There are other videos, e.g., the other one linked to above with Daniel and Michael Holman. I'm guessing other customers (like me) will upload videos...though my videos won't be coming until next spring due to weather most likely, and won't be done as well as what flight pass does.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:11 AM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,335 Posts
There will be plenty of videos soon. Fred Midgett owns the videos he shot of the Extra at Joe Nall.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:14 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
oh dont get me wrong, i understand flight pass, im not trying to knock it. i was just confused of why there wasnt any proto videos or any team pilot videos out since the plane is already for sale. this was in no way trying to say flight pass isnt worth it or trying to down play it. if i was deciding between planes, it would be hard to pick this one as i cant really find any video of it, and the first batch already sold out, no?
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:21 AM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
ok,laser i found, but where is 78 mxs and 91 extra?

Flight Pass is like 12.00 for 3 months or something like that.
Totally worth it.

EDIT: Check out the videos from Friday one trick
and saturday-sunday first weekend at Nall.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Last edited by m0dest; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:42 AM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,517 Posts
Just checked the EF, they have some blue, white, red 91" Extras available.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Dec 2012
215 Posts
Hi Chris, I noticed on your US site the 88 inch Extra is gone (It's still on the Aussie DA site at the moment though), I guess this means your not going to make them anymore?
What's the main difference between the 88in and the 91?

I was planning on buying a 88in Extra in the next 6 months but I'm not sure whether the 91 would fit in my car, I had a 89inch SBach (about 82 inches long) which had a bit of room to spare, just enough for the 88 but a 91 would be pushing it. I guess there is always the 88 Edge.

So my question is : Is the 88 in Extra now history and what is the difference other than size of the 91 and 88?
Being an EXP is it also scale enough for IMAC flyers as well?
balsadude is offline Find More Posts by balsadude
Last edited by balsadude; Dec 08, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:42 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsadude View Post
Hi Chris, I noticed on your US site the 88 inch Extra is gone (It's still on the Aussie DA site at the moment though), I guess this means your not going to make them anymore?
What's the main difference between the 88in and the 91?

I was planning on buying a 88in Extra in the next 6 months but I'm not sure whether the 91 would fit in my car, I had a 89inch SBach which had a bit of room to spare, just enough for the 88 but a 91 would be pushing it. I guess there is always the 88 Edge.
I'm in the same boat. I was sure I could fit the 88 but I might not be able to fit the 91. Its the main reason I'm leaning toward the 88 edge. Otherwise id get the extra
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:48 PM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,517 Posts
So if you guys are fitting an 88" in a car, I should have no problem getting a 91 in a minivan?

Hope so...
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
So if you guys are fitting an 88" in a car, I should have no problem getting a 91 in a minivan?

Hope so...
I have a honda hatch back, I fold down the rear seats flat and put the front seat all the way back (almost flat) then put a box under the fuse which lets the back of the fuse sit nicely on the front seat.
Basically the spinner is a couple of inches from my tailgate and the rudder is almost touching the glove box.
Oh yeah and I also have to remove one of the elevators so I can change gears.
But that is an 82 inch long plane, as a rough guess I reckon the 91 might fit but the rudder would need to be turned on an angle, but man I would be disappointed if I bought one and found out that I was wrong.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:05 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
I have a 66 ford stepside I plan on making a rack for.

Wintertime I may have to go with this.

http://www.thule.com/en-US/US/Produc...ES-Mountaineer
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:10 AM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
We've seen the last of the 88" Extras. They were amazing airplanes, but the 91s are on a whole new level!

The video isn't great, but here's one of my flying the proto over the lake at Joe Nall. I don't usually do so much 3D, but Fred Midget at HPP wanted low 3D for his video. You can get an idea of the control authority that it has!
Daniel Holman 2012 Joe nall (7 min 36 sec)

I'm sorry I don't have a video done yet. I'm still waiting for my engine, header, pipe, prop, spinner and batteries. I hope to have the plane flying in about 3 weeks and will make a video as soon as I can. (Weather dependant as winter is really winter out here.)
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Dec 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
We've seen the last of the 88" Extras. They were amazing airplanes, but the 91s are on a whole new level!

The video isn't great, but here's one of my flying the proto over the lake at Joe Nall. I don't usually do so much 3D, but Fred Midget at HPP wanted low 3D for his video. You can get an idea of the control authority that it has!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ph-E4zsppU

I'm sorry I don't have a video done yet. I'm still waiting for my engine, header, pipe, prop, spinner and batteries. I hope to have the plane flying in about 3 weeks and will make a video as soon as I can. (Weather dependant as winter is really winter out here.)
Damn you make not crashing look easy.
It looks like I'm going to have to just buy a bigger car

That would make 2 extras I bought after seeing your videos, my first aerobatics/3d plane was an Extra exp after I saw your video flying it in the snow and it was the best 48in plane I've ever had.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:14 AM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,517 Posts
I wouldnt put too much stock in Daniels video's....I heard it from a friend who heard it from a 3rd cousin of Daniels gardner that he has a trained hamster doing some crazy fly by wire stuff in there. Thats cheating and I dont approve of using animals.
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1