HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
extra91exp-exm (except me)

btw, could anybody tell me the size of the motorbox?
how high and wide
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:22 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
ok, apart from the prop i got the setup together....just in case the 91exp will ever get here

meijzlik 24x10 th
terminator
kosmik 200 (with life 2s 600mah backup)
4x bls152
11s 6200 desire power 35c
futaba 7008sb tele

think i ll do a cf canopy to save some weight
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,347 Posts
cf canopy -- have you done one before?
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
cf canopy -- have you done one before?
nope, not myself.
i bought one for the 48extra and for the 78extra from germany.
as far as i remember they are about half the weight than series.
for the 91 i ll let it be done in some local carbon factory
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:45 PM
Germany
Joined Dec 2010
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
great pics bryant and wolf.
really lovely the one with the boy sitting behind the fuse.
did he express how big it is?

hi marcel, cool to see you here.
i know you are going with the q80 and 12s 5000.
what else does the 9.2kg include?

myself? still didnt got my extra althought i ordered it right in the beginning.
my dealer seems to be scared and doesnt pick up the telefon. when i finally caught him with a hidden number () last wednesday he said the truck is on his way.
lol
-Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP 91"
-Hacker Q80-8M
-Hacker Jeti Mezon 135 Opto
-Fiala 24x10 or 25x10
-Hitec HS7950TG all around
-Emcotec DPSI Ampere for dual battery support
-Emcotec SPS 120/240A
-Jeti R18 EX
-Jeti Mui´s on all connections that transport amps for telemetry
-SWB servo arms
-Gens Ace 6S 5300mAh 30C (2x for 12S)
-Gens Ace 2S 1500

mp.stumpy is offline Find More Posts by mp.stumpy
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
nope, not myself.
i bought one for the 48extra and for the 78extra from germany.
as far as i remember they are about half the weight than series.
for the 91 i ll let it be done in some local carbon factory
So you've used one...was just wondering if there would be RF shadowing.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:56 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp.stumpy View Post
-Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP 91"
-Hacker Q80-8M
-Hacker Jeti Mezon 135 Opto
-Fiala 24x10 or 25x10
-Hitec HS7950TG all around
-Emcotec DPSI Ampere for dual battery support
-Emcotec SPS 120/240A
-Jeti R18 EX
-Jeti Mui´s on all connections that transport amps for telemetry
-SWB servo arms
-Gens Ace 6S 5300mAh 30C (2x for 12S)
-Gens Ace 2S 1500

nice, that will work well and save.
did you get the jeti mezon by now?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:58 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
So you've used one...was just wondering if there would be RF shadowing.
shadowing was never a problem so far.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,574 Posts
Chris or Curtis:

Are 7955s adequate on this bird?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,347 Posts
I'm not Chris or Curtis, but the manual says

Quote:
We absolutely recommend the use of METAL GEARED servos with a minimum of 350 oz. inches of torque for the ailerons and elevator and at least 450 oz. inches of torque for the rudder.
333 is close to 350 though...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:22 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Chris or Curtis:

Are 7955s adequate on this bird?
They should work on the ailerons and elevators but the rudder will need more torque. On 7.4v they'll have around 400oz of torque
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:12 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
7955s will fly it, but you'll get some blowback when pushing the airplane hard. I can't stress the fact hard enough that you basically need the same servo setup as a 100cc airplane requires. 7950THs are a much better choise if you go Hitec. JR 8911HVs or JR 8711HVs are excellent choices as well.
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:36 PM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,212 Posts
I'm going with a 7955 on the Rudder for now. Daniel, what do you that causes blowback at 400+ oz/in of torque? An unregulated lipo on a 7955 will be over 400 because you are really at 8.4v,right? Geez, are you doing blenders or snaps at 100 mph? I've got an 8911HV that I was going to sell but maybe I'd better hang onto it. I just prefer the TGs because they stay tight forever.

I need to see a video of this ASAP. It will probably make me want to quit flying though

Daniel, I have another question. For real dude, do you just learn hard flying maneuvers really quicky like it's an easy video game or something. I mean, you either have to practice like 8 hours a day ( I would ) or you just pick this stuff up really fast. Now, be honest now. How long did it take you to do your first rolling maneuver, harrier or circle. I bet it was less than 8 hours. I kind of compare it to my 17 year old son who went Pheasant hunting for the first time. He was making hard 60 yard quartering shots like he had been doing it for years. I tried to teach him to suck like me but he just couldn't. Then I bought these little combat helis and he constantly blasts me out of the sky. I've been on the sticks for 9 years and he's had about 8 hours. Little fart... Anyways, does Jesus just fly for you or what's the deal...cause I can't talk him into flying for me. He's done other amazing things for me but flying, NOT. Ah, maybe there's a special prayer to it. Come on, give me the secret, I just can't take sucking anymore

P.S. for all you ultra serious types this could be funny if you read it the right way...and yes, I really believe in Jesus in a very serious way.
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,347 Posts
rino, are you over 40? It will take you a lot of practice. Are you younger than 12? It will take you a *lot* less practice to be able to do a move, if any. Just my view.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:17 AM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Rino,
The flying that stresses the servos the most is high speed extreme and precision aerobatics. The 7955s are plenty to fly any low and slow 3D maneuver even if you're using 80 degrees of elevator. During a high speed pass, if I want to throw the ailerons over and do a snap roll, I cannot be consistent if the servo doesn't give me the deflection that I ask for. There's nothing worse than initiating a snap roll at high speed and watching the airplane slowly start to roll as the servos stalls and fails to deflect the surface properly. This goes for any maneuver performed from high speed. The 7955s are plenty for a regular 50cc airplane, but there's nothing regular about this!

Regarding learning new maneuvers, the biggest part is figuring it out mentally. God gave me the talent and all glory goes to Him. I really don't think about anything that I do with my thumbs. It's all about what I want the airplane to do and my thumbs go there without my consciously telling them to.
One big key that may sound new is that learning to feel the airplane is more important than learning how to fly the maneuvers. Believe it or not, learning how to land properly can help precision and 3D aerobatic flying. It's all about becoming one with the airplane and knowing what it will do before it does it. Most people put the cart before the horse and try to figure out all the crazy maneuvers before they really learn how to fly. There are a lot of guys out there who can do a nice looking rolling harrier who really don't know how to fly. Truly knowing the physics of flight and how all 4 basic controls work together is so mandatory for anyone who wants to go far in this sport.
Some of the best advice that I can give is "Don't try to fly beyond your ability. Perfect one thing before going to the next."
I started flying when I was 9 and have not had a single flying lesson. I really didn't have much outside inspiration either and didn't know what was out there. At first, I made a very small runway and entertained myself by shooting touch and goes as perfectly as possible for almost a year with simple airplanes. Learning to cross control ailerons with the rudder and use all the controls together before trying to learn any 3D/precision aerobatics really helped me get the basics down. I didn't get into 3D until after I had been flying for over 2 years.

Please don't take this wrong as I'm not trying to discourage any new pilots from pushing the limits and trying new things. I am however encouraging everyone to really learn the fundamentals of flight, for without them, true success in this sport can never be attained.

To answer your question, I do pray before every flight, dedicating my work to my Heavenly Father, and asking for His help, blessing and protection. Without Him, I am nothing, but through Him, all things are possible!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph