HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:32 PM
Registered User
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
more than any other time in recent history, it's important that everyone does their best to limit as much as possible what they send to the Government. With the economy as bad as it is and unemployment being what it is, every dollar counts, and the more you send via taxes to the Government, the less you'll have to make sure you and yours are properly taken care of.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Rand had other words too, "pass me the welfare, this lung cancer I got from a lifetime of smoking really sucks... *cough cough* I'm dyin.."
That's it? You're going to claim that supposed hypocrasy ( I don't know what her own explanation for this was) invalidates other principles and ideas of hers?

So when Teddy Kennedy drowned a girl, it made his opposition to acting in this way an invalid principle? Do math mistakes invalidate properly done math done by the same person?

As usual, more rules for radicals tactics. When you can't deal with the ideas, personalize it and go at the person. I've observed that among your sycophants here and doubtless off board as well, this tactic holds water. With folks interested in actual examination of ideas, the tactic's closest relative is a stream of yellow water which it's claimed is rain.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:13 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
When Rand pushes an ideological bent that even SHE can't live up to, then you know you're worshiping the wrong libertarian god. At least Milton Friedman walked the walk when running the economy into the ground.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
more than any other time in recent history, it's important that everyone does their best to limit as much as possible what they send to the Government. With the economy as bad as it is and unemployment being what it is, every dollar counts, and the more you send via taxes to the Government, the less you'll have to make sure you and yours are properly taken care of.

The basis of theiir actions when viewed in a completely non rhetorical manner, yet never addressed because it exposes the inverted worldview, is that the claim to resources rests upon a person's *inability* or unwillingness to produce. The less you can or do produce, the *greater* your rights to the production of those who do. So they're busy enshrining the parasitic morality of someone *else's* right to exist on another party's production into a twisted morass of law.

Immoral for you to want to keep your resources, moral for someone else to take them.And the qualifier? That person is not you, and their inability to be a net producer.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
They are coming so fast at times the amount of California plates on the highway leaves me wondering if I am in Texas or was teleported to California over night
================================================== ====

Beware,most of if not all immigrants, and that includes Ca people, migrating to other States carry with them their ideals and philosophy learned in their childhood. That includes me a bit compared to our peers in the Midwest.

That is a paradox because they leave to cast off their suppressors and tormentors but as soon as they plant their new roots, without even thinking, try to convert their new neighbors to their old ways of their suppressors. Liberals by nature are missionaries that will convert you by force if needed. Schools and political office are the the first to fall.

I know both our sons who grew up in the Ca school system despite their parents inputs were converted. All the new radical ideas are accepted including abortion, legalization of all drugs, gay marriage , Religion, gun rights, open borders, taxes, open borders etc. . Peer pressure is an all encompassing. envelope. As we watch our grand children grow I do notice a slow shift in their parents ideas so maybe their is hope. They are no longer missionaries on most topics but if you try to engage them in a conversation on the leftist views you are met with a bit of hostility. So these topics are off limits. I'm old so we won't be around to see the grand kids graduate from HS . That was our choice, to get educated and have a career before having children. Without this you get a very high % of misery and divorce in our system. It was well worth the sacrifice.

Both sons took the same path in having children , education with a good career, so maybe there is hope long term.

All you can do with your kids has been done at a very early age. You can only hope the ideas of real freedom take root and grow with maturity.

Don't let Calif ways subvert Texas. The power brokers are evil to the extreme.
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Last edited by Aaron 1; Dec 05, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
When Rand pushes an ideological bent that even SHE can't live up to, then you know you're worshiping the wrong libertarian god. At least Milton Friedman walked the walk when running the economy into the ground.
I've yet to see a single human who actually lives up to any particular line of thinking, anywhere, ever.

By applying this standard you invalidate every possible ideology (expect perhaps pure anarchy) held by anyone at any time, including anything you epouse. It's insupportable to try to poison the well by claiming mistakes or hypocrasy falsify broader ideas, and then claim your ideas are exempt from the actions of those who espouse them.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:40 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
RCWorks's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Bye bye. Just remember that you need to renounce your citizenship or else you'll owe back taxes on all the money you collect abroad.
Only if your not good at managing money... Take a tip from the U.S. Congress, there are a lot of ways to hide your money.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:23 AM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
Is this the video the OP is talking about?

Tax the Rich: An animated fairy tale (7 min 50 sec)
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:13 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Which is it?
It was clear to me. His business is moving away from the tax liability
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:24 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
There are many states which are much better for individuals and business. Texas is booming from people and businesses fleeing CA.
Yeah well, good luck with that. Colorado had the same thing happen in the 90's, problem is the companies brought with them the same folks (employees) that created the mess in CA to begin with.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
In Development Now
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
They're just mad because they thought they were getting an easy job that you didn't have to work at for 12 months of the year, and they don't feel like they're getting enough respect for a job that can be done by any parent through home schooling.

Teachers somehow think they should be as respected and make as much money as doctors for teaching a bunch of highschool kids simple highschool courses.

Maybe if they went to college for something other than teaching they could be wealthy too.
Breakfast Club reference in there.

Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:32 PM
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post
================================================== ====

Beware,most of if not all immigrants, and that includes Ca people, migrating to other States carry with them their ideals and philosophy learned in their childhood. That includes me a bit compared to our peers in the Midwest.

That is a paradox because they leave to cast off their suppressors and tormentors but as soon as they plant their new roots, without even thinking, try to convert their new neighbors to their old ways of their suppressors. Liberals by nature are missionaries that will convert you by force if needed. Schools and political office are the the first to fall.

I know both our sons who grew up in the Ca school system despite their parents inputs were converted. All the new radical ideas are accepted including abortion, legalization of all drugs, gay marriage , Religion, gun rights, open borders, taxes, open borders etc. . Peer pressure is an all encompassing. envelope. As we watch our grand children grow I do notice a slow shift in their parents ideas so maybe their is hope. They are no longer missionaries on most topics but if you try to engage them in a conversation on the leftist views you are met with a bit of hostility. So these topics are off limits. I'm old so we won't be around to see the grand kids graduate from HS . That was our choice, to get educated and have a career before having children. Without this you get a very high % of misery and divorce in our system. It was well worth the sacrifice.

Both sons took the same path in having children , education with a good career, so maybe there is hope long term.

All you can do with your kids has been done at a very early age. You can only hope the ideas of real freedom take root and grow with maturity.

Don't let Calif ways subvert Texas. The power brokers are evil to the extreme.
This is what I am afraid of. They already control Austin
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
I don't see the California influx going on as presented. When I was in Austin in 1999 looking for a house, there were, in fact, California license plates galore. I've noticed one in the past couple of months. According to what was in the paper a year or so ago, the biggest sources of immigrants to Austin were people from other parts of Texas and people from other countries.

There is a good point made here. People immigrate to leave behind bad economic and political situations, but they are products of those situations. Given this, I think we ought to be putting more effort into teaching English as a second language, and teaching American principles of honesty and fairness.

I think it would be a good idea to prevent anyone from California from renting or buying a house in Austin until they had visited the Alamo and taken and passed a short course on Texas history.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:04 PM
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post
I don't see the California influx going on as presented. When I was in Austin in 1999 looking for a house, there were, in fact, California license plates galore. I've noticed one in the past couple of months. According to what was in the paper a year or so ago, the biggest sources of immigrants to Austin were people from other parts of Texas and people from other countries.

There is a good point made here. People immigrate to leave behind bad economic and political situations, but they are products of those situations. Given this, I think we ought to be putting more effort into teaching English as a second language, and teaching American principles of honesty and fairness.

I think it would be a good idea to prevent anyone from California from renting or buying a house in Austin until they had visited the Alamo and taken and passed a short course on Texas history.
I drive 100 miles a day average in between jobs and I just reported what I see so take it for what it is....A one man perspective
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:08 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post
When I was in Austin in 1999 looking for a house, there were, in fact, California license plates galore. I've noticed one in the past couple of months.
Meanwhile in California, the rental vacancy rate is going down again... in other words, people are piling up trying to move here.



Texas can make believe all they want, but CA's got no shortage of people wanting to move here for work. Just look at the rental market in SF:

Quote:
"You have to pounce as soon as you see an ad you like," said Chris Covert, a manager at Symantec who was among 18 people vying for a $1,395 Nob Hill studio last week. "It's definitely nuts."

Driving the demand is a new wave of tech workers at the city's rapidly growing social media and technology companies.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...#ixzz2EIgkbsIE
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Teachers Union uses lawyers to intimidate voucher schools MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 7 Aug 06, 2012 10:19 PM
Discussion Nuclear power plant vs teachers union RCWorks Life, The Universe, and Politics 34 Apr 04, 2011 09:27 PM
Discussion Teachers March on Wisconsin Capitol as Senate Moves to Curtail Union Rights MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 1591 Mar 12, 2011 08:21 AM
Discussion Chris Christie on teachers union MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Jun 07, 2010 12:37 AM
Discussion Kerry Attacks Teacher Unions! Big Foot 48 Life, The Universe, and Politics 48 Feb 03, 2006 02:22 PM