HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:12 PM
Smoke & Fire
Naja Kaouthia's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
So why are all the great thinkers liberal?

I even have difficulty naming any of history's great conservatives. We don't exactly build monuments for them.
"Thinking doesn't make things so"
Great thinkers to whom?

I'm sorry that you have forgotten one of the greatest conservatives of all time.
Ronald Reagan.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:12 PM
Mr Mootsie
Tim Jonas's Avatar
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
The conservative wunderkind 13-year old author of the book, "Defining Conservativism" Jonathan Krohn is now 17 years old and has grown out of the conservative manchild fantasy land.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/teen...-conservative/
The difference between you and I, amongst other things, is that I am willing to say that there are bright people in either party. It's foolish to think anything else.
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
The difference between you and I, amongst other things, is that I am willing to say that there are bright people in either party. It's foolish to think anything else.
Oh, I do believe there are brilliant thinkers who shared similar ideologies of conservatism, but none of that applies to modern conservatives in the USA. For example, I would still say that Andrew Sullivan is very conservative, but he shares almost NOTHING with the modern American right-wing. Similarly I have been saying that Obama is not a liberal, but is center-right. The overton window has shifted so far to the right-wing extremist fringe that political left/right discussions in the USA are really just "omg right / milquetoast center-right" dichotomies.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Last edited by CrazyLittle; Dec 05, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:16 PM
Registered User
United States, PA, Union
Joined Sep 2007
202 Posts
I used to be a far right leaning Libertarian, but now I'm a slightly left leaning Libertarian, if that makes any sense.
curly56 is offline Find More Posts by curly56
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:17 PM
Mr Mootsie
Tim Jonas's Avatar
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Oh, I do believe there are brilliant thinkers who shared similar ideologies of conservatism, but none of that applies to modern conservatives in the USA.
"None". Right. I've already seen what happens when you speak in absolutes.
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:18 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
The conservative wunderkind 13-year old author of the book, "Defining Conservativism" Jonathan Krohn is now 17 years old and has grown out of the conservative manchild fantasy land.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/teen...-conservative/
I don't think a young teenager counts. As has already been stated most young pople are liberals. They have yet to have to deal with the realities in the world.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:20 PM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
423 Posts
Looks like America is becoming more and more liberal as our country ages. It will be interesting to see how thing go in the future. So far I am not liking what I am seeing.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:21 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
"None". Right. I've already seen what happens when you speak in absolutes.
More proof in the pudding:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0...n_229382.html?
Quote:
Only six percent of America's scientists identify themselves as Republicans; fifty-five percent call themselves Democrats. By comparison, 23 percent of the overall public considers itself Republican, while 35 percent say they're Democrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Looks like America is becoming more and more liberal as our country ages. It will be interesting to see how thing go in the future. So far I am not liking what I am seeing.
Somalia's always open to captains of industry and self-sufficient conservatives.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:26 PM
Mr Mootsie
Tim Jonas's Avatar
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
More proof in the pudding:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0...n_229382.html?




Somalia's always open to captains of industry and self-sufficient conservatives.
You missed the pont. When you speak in absolutes, you can be proven wrong. Your comments about the Brown election, the medals comment, the classified comment....these are things I've proven you wrong in.

Nothing in politics is an absolute. Nothing.
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:28 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
medals comment, the classified comment....these are things I've proven you wrong in.
que?
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
United States, PA, Union
Joined Sep 2007
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
You missed the pont. When you speak in absolutes, you can be proven wrong. Your comments about the Brown election, the medals comment, the classified comment....these are things I've proven you wrong in.

Nothing in politics is an absolute. Nothing.
Well, there do seem to be some absolute idiots in politics.
curly56 is offline Find More Posts by curly56
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2006
298 Posts
Here's any idea that no-one will like...

The USA is becoming more Liberal/Socialist as it becomes less and less moral.
kf2qd is offline Find More Posts by kf2qd
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:38 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Sport Flyer's Avatar
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly56 View Post
Well, there do seem to be some absolute idiots in politics.
On both side of the aisle. What's that say about those who voted for them?
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:47 PM
Registered User
United States, PA, Union
Joined Sep 2007
202 Posts
Yeah, that's for sure; yet, when you tell someone you voted for a third party candidate because the other two seem to be bad choices, almost invariably, you're told you wasted a vote! Don't make any sense to me.
curly56 is offline Find More Posts by curly56
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:47 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
Pipemajor's Avatar
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
"Thinking doesn't make things so"
Great thinkers to whom?

I'm sorry that you have forgotten one of the greatest conservatives of all time.
Ronald Reagan.
Let's see... he got a tiny airport named after him. What exactly made him so great again?
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What I tell my liberal friends (yes, I have liberal friends) RCAV8R13 Life, The Universe, and Politics 13 Nov 07, 2012 06:25 PM
For Sale Like new HeadPlay goggles with Liberator Protector sharonx FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Jun 03, 2012 04:30 PM
Discussion Liberal Pundit Discovers The New World MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 7 May 15, 2012 05:26 PM
Discussion Conservatives Understand Liberals, but Liberals Don't Understand Conservatives Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 78 Mar 27, 2012 06:33 AM
Discussion Liberalism on Liberalism, where is the critical examination. rcjetpilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 27 Mar 17, 2012 02:13 AM