HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Camcam171717, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:11 PM
Clash of the clans
United States, WI, Wausau
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
Where do u get it
Camcam171717 is offline Find More Posts by Camcam171717
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:38 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camcam171717 View Post
Where do u get it
Any hobby shop which carries GWS products can get it for you.

Cam, the best thing to do when posting here is to not write in internet shorthand. Full sentences, full punctuation.

It is not, as I pointed out, a beginner's model. Since I assume you have no equipment yet, you're going to have to buy an entire radio system and a good quality charger in addition to the motor, prop, speed control and servos. Add to that the cost of adhesives and possibly that of tools as well. Depending on your speed control, you may have to buy electrical connectors and a soldering iron. Then, you have to learn to do electronic soldering.

In short, it's a healthy cash outlay for someone with little or no money.

Talk to the folks at the local hobby shop. They are best equipped to guide you.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:44 AM
It can't rain all the time
United Kingdom, Peacehaven
Joined Mar 2009
427 Posts
He is right

Hi Cam

D. O is right its a great hobby to get in , But for the beginner VERY expensive
buy once and buy wisely . When I learnt to Fly well before you were born
Radio was not reliable and heavy , with the advances of RC and electronics a smaller lightweight model has evolved , impossible when I started flying . The Falcon a carl goldburg kit was an ideal starter and earlier this year we adapted it for electric , this model is ideal for experts as a fun model and a good basic for beginners made this time in depron it assembles quick is because of the construction is tough enough to resist some of the punishment of a beginner . the full thread is accessible from the link in my blog ( i know you have seen it )
join a local model club and learn if possible on a buddy box system
Good luck for the future

regards emma
twinkle is offline Find More Posts by twinkle
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:08 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
Hi Cam

D. O is right its a great hobby to get in , But for the beginner VERY expensive
buy once and buy wisely . When I learnt to Fly well before you were born
Radio was not reliable and heavy , with the advances of RC and electronics a smaller lightweight model has evolved , impossible when I started flying . The Falcon a carl goldburg kit was an ideal starter and earlier this year we adapted it for electric , this model is ideal for experts as a fun model and a good basic for beginners made this time in depron it assembles quick is because of the construction is tough enough to resist some of the punishment of a beginner . the full thread is accessible from the link in my blog ( i know you have seen it )
join a local model club and learn if possible on a buddy box system
Good luck for the future

regards emma
She's right. Absolutely, positively 100% right.

I got in about 10 years ago, but I had been playing with R/C cars since about 1988. That was right at the start of what I like to call a new golden age of model aviation. It was back in about 2003 when lightweight, ready-to-fly electrics started coming out. Primitive compared to some new models, but doggone it, they flew, were inexpensive to buy and easy to fix.

What she means by a "buddy box" are two transmitters joined either by a cord or a radio link. Your "slave" transmitter connects with the instructor's "master" transmitter. He/she will get the trainer flying and can then pass control to you via a "dead man's" toggle switch. If you get in trouble, all the instructor has to do is to let go of the switch to regain control.

This is how you begin. Since I'd been playing with cars for so long, "driving" a simple flying model around the sky was fairly easy...at first. Learning how to fly a plane which banks with ailerons instead of yawing into turns with a rudder was a whole new ballgame. When you get to that stage, you will be flying something that emulates a full-scale plane.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
The wheels are GWS...they began with the Slo-Stick...great Low weight/drag wheels...and work perfect in grass.....but most have switched to the foam wheels now..abit more robust.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89