HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2003, 11:14 PM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2003
56 Posts
Question
NEXT plane?? after my 1st plane Pico stick FD...

Need input on my 2nd plane. Itching for ailerons now. Rudder is no use. thanks
cloud9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud9
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2003, 02:30 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
GWS E-Starter!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Dec 13, 2003, 03:05 AM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2003
56 Posts
decisions decisions

Hi Mr. Lin,

Yea, im pondering about the Formosa...too? which one
Old Dec 13, 2003, 03:50 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
How's your flying skill level?

Formosa is a wild and spicy; are you sure that you can handle such a hot lady?
Old Dec 13, 2003, 04:31 AM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2003
56 Posts
I'll stick with the estarter then! the big fields are too far away for meeh! thanks man
Old Dec 13, 2003, 10:37 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
When you learn how to fly RC at the midway, siad 50% skill level.

If you always practice at 30% difficulty, you never get crash your airplanes. Keep charging the battery, fly again and agin, and agin.... So you are gain your skillness without lost.

But, if you try 70% difficulty! You will crash your airplanes from time to time. Sorry, this is not a computer game like X-BOX and PS-II! Every of your carsh, cost money and time to re-build your airplanes! Although GWS airplanes is so easy to repair, but epoxy and GWS glue will add on weight more and more...

The bad thing even worse! You stop your practice; waste time on repairing!

What will be your better choice? Obviously, do some thing under your control; never fly RC out of control!

But GWS airplanes always easy to be under control than most others.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 05:50 PM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2003
56 Posts
2nd Crash. its windy over here.. thought i experiment, but broke engine mount. That was why I was considering the formosa since its a good plane in the winds......
Old Dec 14, 2003, 08:24 PM
Ocala, Florida
Joined Sep 2003
113 Posts
I started flying in September. My first plane was the Slowstick. In October, I bought the E-starter. After about 3 weeks, I went ahead and got the Formosa. Except for some hard landings, I have never crashed any of the planes. (I have had a friend of mine who has been flying for 15 years stand next to me. This has saved me countless times.)

The E-starter is definitely a great second plane and good aileron trainer. It levels itself after a turn. The Formosa requires that you keep giving input until the plane becomes level.

If you have a dual rate transmitter like Futuba 6EXA, then it is possible to make the jump straight to the Formosa. You can set your rates very low, allowing the plane to fly very close to E-starter. It still won't have the self-correcting properties, but it won't be very touchy. As you get better, you can keep giving yourself more throw on the surfaces.

Otherwise, I suggest going with the E-starter. I ended up moving all my equipment from the E-starter to the Formosa. So the only expense for me was the $35 for the E-starter kit. Which I guess isn't that bad. This way, I learned enough to keep me from crashing the Formosa.

Gatorfan
Gatorfan is offline Find More Posts by Gatorfan
Old Dec 14, 2003, 08:40 PM
Does anyone hear a cat?
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2003
4,380 Posts
Gatorfan, your progress sounds identical to mine with a few exceptions; after slow stick->e-starter i bought a tigermoth and now have all 3 of those and a spitfire. Somewhere in there i bought a cub but only flew it once then put the electronics into the tigermoth.. My last e-starter bit the dust this week in a mid-air with a goose (posted in open ) so i'm going to get a formosa to replace her. I agree the e-starter is an excellent second plane. Advice; get a 350c on it, it's not nearly as much fun w/ a 300c.
headless is offline Find More Posts by headless