HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Idea
Eagletree OSD + Xbee

Hello, I'm Julien Langouet, I wanted to know something about The OSD pro features.

I want to create a telemetry system with Eagle Tree products. But I need a large range because I want to follow a solar prototype car (I'm involved in the Shell Eco Marathon).

For this I thought about using a Eagletree V4 with the OSDpro and connect the OSDpro with an Xbee microchip. So data could go right to the EagleEye station with another Xbee microchip (receiver). Do you think it's possible?

Tanks for your help!
Julien Langouet is offline Find More Posts by Julien Langouet
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:16 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
Eagletree piggybacks it's telemetry on the video from a camera. It should work with any compatible video transmitter/receiver. So, if your Xbee system will transmit video over the required distance, the OSD should be able to use it. The EagleEye station attaches to the receiver, and again should be compatible with and Xbee receiver.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Last edited by dhares; Dec 06, 2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: mis-spelling