HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
9 Posts
Discussion
Blade Nano CPX set up Help!!!!!!

Hello everyone. I purchased a new Nano and it is one incredible little bird BUT....... I have bound it to my new JR 9503 TX and used the settings used for the DX8 but I'm having an issue. During basic hover the tail holds fine but with trimmed as much as possible the Nano wants to basically hover on its own in a tight circle. If a person can visualize then it's like your behind the bird facing the tail and it wants to basically circle a dime with tail holding at 6 O'Clock.................................. I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting in the swash adjustment but when bound to a 6i there are no issues so it must be a setting on the TX just not sure what. Any help would be great. Thank you!
Coufalj is offline Find More Posts by Coufalj
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coufalj View Post
Hello everyone. I purchased a new Nano and it is one incredible little bird BUT....... I have bound it to my new JR 9503 TX and used the settings used for the DX8 but I'm having an issue. During basic hover the tail holds fine but with trimmed as much as possible the Nano wants to basically hover on its own in a tight circle. If a person can visualize then it's like your behind the bird facing the tail and it wants to basically circle a dime with tail holding at 6 O'Clock.................................. I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting in the swash adjustment but when bound to a 6i there are no issues so it must be a setting on the TX just not sure what. Any help would be great. Thank you!
It sounds like the feathering shaft nut is too tight. Take the blades off and use the two black tools that came with the heli to back the nut off until you have about a hair width of lateral play when you take hold of the blade grips and push in and out on them. It may take more than one adjustment to find the sweet spot.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Apr 08, 2013, 05:20 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
It sounds like the feathering shaft nut is too tight. Take the blades off and use the two black tools that came with the heli to back the nut off until you have about a hair width of lateral play when you take hold of the blade grips and push in and out on them. It may take more than one adjustment to find the sweet spot.
Tomorrow I'm gonna try this, if it helps fixing this issue I will ow you one forever
Gian8 is offline Find More Posts by Gian8
Old Apr 08, 2013, 11:31 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,897 Posts
interesting that it doesnt do it when bound to the dx6i....

Try taking out all the trim, you should not be using any trim at all on this heli.... could definitely cause problems....
There really aren't any settings in the swash you can mess up, since it uses a basic 90 (1 servo) swash. all the ccpm mixing is done in the 3-in-1....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old May 22, 2014, 07:12 PM
Joined Dec 2013
21 Posts
im a kinda a rookie amateur and was wondering whats the essayist way to flip the nano i came from a lot of fp helis and am comfortable flying the nano and controls any orientation but have herd side role and a half loop i was wanting more suggestions im sure at least 3 i of them will say get a sim lol i know i need one but ive always learned the hard way know what i mean but any feed back will be greatly appreciated even if its bad its always good to hear what your doing wrong every now and then
jesse redding is offline Find More Posts by jesse redding
Old May 22, 2014, 10:20 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,897 Posts
Flipping is tough at first, but once you get it it is really simple. The biggest thing is to be SMOOTH on the collective.... I find front flips to be easiest... if there is any wind, make sure you have the nose of the heli into the wind. start with a GOOD fully charged battery, a weak/old battery will make it 10 times harder.... I don't know if they are all this way, but with mine if I start with a few pitch pumps the heli has more power (just pump the collective up and down a few times) Make sure you are in idle up, give full collective and full forward elevator, as the heli starts to flip start moving the collective down till you see the heli upside down and starting to go back up, and as it start to go over again towards upright, start moving the collective back up....... The hardest part is getting the timing right.... The first day you will probably be just moving he stick and hoping its right, but eventually you get so you are watching the heli... It seems like it happens really fast at first, but it will get easier.... Also, I found on mine it was better if I set the max + and - pitch to 90% rather than 100%

Good luck... and make sure you do it over GRASS.
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur