HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by M.G.M, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Jan 2005
100 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
For Sale
1st Generation OS Gemini FT-120 Flat Twin - $250

This is a like new First Generation (OS Gemini FT-120 Flat Twin Four Stroke Motor) which was in a 1/4 piper for a short period of time. It was disassembled to clean, inspect, and take photos so as to provide the tangible evidence of it's like new characteristics (Now Re-Assembled). If I had to guess how much lifespan is left on this motor I would have to say 90% plus from what I have observed. Reading through threads I found that finding replacement parts for these motors is tricky. So if you can find one in good condition it's a desirable motor to own due to its torque, sound, reliability, and overall value. The components of this first generation FT-120 are not compatible with those of the Gemini II or the FT-160 from what I have read. Although Parts can be found or made it will take some patience and some ingenuity on your behalf to find and or have them made. Most people run a 15 x 8 prop or slightly larger depending on the nitro content of the fuel they are using. There is no literature, original box, or tools associated with this motor. You can download the parts manual, parts serial numbers, and part photo diagrams from the OS website. I would like $250 for the motor plus shipping. If you have any additional questions or would like additional photos please feel free to send me a personal message.

OS Gemini FT-120 Flat Twin Four-Stroke

Displacement - .607 x 2 in
Bore - .945 in
Stroke - .866 in
RPM - 2,000 - 10,000
Output - 1.7 bhp
Weight - 38.4 oz
M.G.M is offline Find More Posts by M.G.M
Last edited by M.G.M; Dec 06, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts