HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Discussion
think there would be any intrest in a couple hangar 9 showtime 50's mib

picked up the patriot xl today and the guy has a couple showtime 50's also. mib any value? thanks
stjones is offline Find More Posts by stjones
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
i can get pictures
stjones is offline Find More Posts by stjones
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:33 AM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,182 Posts
It looks like these were recently discontinued at Horizon.. I could be wrong, but all that comes up in a search on thier site is parts.. and it was just a few months ago I saw the plane listed.. They sold for $199 when they listed them....

I own one, and although I've contemplated selling it simply because I don't fly it anymore.. I can say it is one of the friendliest flying planes out there. I've got a Evo .52 in it, and although its way underpowered for my style, it has a very nice character about it. If I keep it.. I think it could deserve about a .91 4stroke.. that would bring it to life nicely.

Hard to give a value though, as recent as it is.. and I'm sure there's still quite a few in hobby shops around the country.. probably selling for the same 199 Horizon had them for.

It was a fluke I found mine... It had been assembled poorly, very poorly.. fortunately I was able to disassemble it relatively easily, and reassemble it correctly.. and it had not been flown.. I'm sure.. it would have fallen apart.. but I was able to make a very nice plane out of it.. and it was a fluke that I got it for $125 with engine and servos.. all lightly attached you might say... Very nice planes though..

With the price of recent new ones being $199.. thats about all there is to go on.. People aren't breaking down doors to get these planes.. so I wouldn't think they'd be anything near that price if he wants to sell them.. One might get about $175 or so if you wait around with it.. a stealy $150 would probably get them gone fast.. thats about all I can say.. I hope this helps.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant