Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:19 AM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,457 Posts
Indoor Model...

I'm thinking that my next model to "taxidermy" might be an A-10 with the motors and nacells still attached. If I mount it to a traditional wood base and wire it up with a 12V converter and a servo controller, i could run the fans up and ventilate a room after airbrushing or simply use it as air conditioning...

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:29 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,388 Posts
I think I can probably dig up a picture of you carrying some kind of broke plane at SEFF a few years back...bet you still have it around too.
dee-grose is offline Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:09 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,457 Posts
Yes... thanks... LOL..

I'll bet you can dig up a picture of me carrying a broken plane at SEFF... every year I go, one of the big / nice / or fast ones is'nt going to make it home in one piece.... It was a sad day when I had to talk to Lmopar69 in Afghanistan and tell him that his 50CC sized Cox Pitts S-12 did'nt come out of an inverted flat spin.
Fireman Bill actually took the remenants of that one home with him because he has one just like it.. except in one piece... That one would have made a nice taxidermy project... Here's a picture of it .... pre-SEFF.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
Does it effect your car's MPG?
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,457 Posts
Good Question

Weed,
I'm not sure if it helps or hurts the mpg on the car becaue I've only tried the small FW 190 tail on the roof of my car. I put it on in the parking lot and got it up to 30 mph without it moving at all. Next test will be to drive it about 40 mph in my neighborhood and if it falls off, I can stop quickly and retrieve it before someone else runs it over. LOL...

Bo
RCG Plus Member