Where can a person find winch motors? Thanks Brian Smith
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,293 Posts
What kind? bosch? http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/5710.htm Push the easy button
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:51 PM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,719 Posts
Or put a want ad up in the classifieds, they pop up all the time.
ak79 is offline Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:56 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post
Or put a want ad up in the classifieds, they pop up all the time.
Or Pop-off if your settings aren't right.... Not sure I'd want a "used" one, unless you know the moto,r or knows someone that did.... Beezzzhhhttt! " hey, it's stuck again!" then " ya, it does that all the time, I gotta sell that thing"
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:15 PM
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
1,975 Posts
Hi Brian,

you asked about the winch motor, and got one answer for the Bosch, which is the motor of choice for F3C type winches. If you are looking for the standard TD winch, that would be a Ford Long Shaft (FLS) motor. If you do a search on the Groups, you will find all the info you need to know about the FLS, including part numbers to use when trying to find one from your local Napa Auto Parts place. Just know that if you want power, look for the Injoy FLS motor, or one which has 6-volt coils inside the 12-volt casing. If you are not worried about getting gut wrenching power, the standard 12-volt FLS works fine. Also look up Real Balls, as they make some nice end bell parts to support the motor.

Mike
mlee8249 is offline Find More Posts by mlee8249
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:17 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
12v TD winch motor

Not looking for anything exotic. Just a good strong TD winch motor well made. Something like the ones Tim McCann sold. Just looking for who makes/offers them? Thanks again. Brian
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:49 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,169 Posts
Here is where I got mine.

http://www.discountstarterandalterna...ine-3110n.aspx

It has worked great.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline Find More Posts by jh2rc97
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, WI, Waunakee
Joined Oct 2002
2,728 Posts
I use FLS from NAPA. #44-9608 is the 6 volt one. About $100 but you get money back if you bring back an old one they can rebuild. I have yet to get a bad one. Usually they will need to order them but it will be there the next day.
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined Jan 2006
199 Posts
Be careful of the tractor motors. Their shaft is a 1/2" shorter than the car/truck motor and will not accommodate the Tim McCann drum. Also, Hemmings will have them listed in the parts section.

Phil
podrieger is offline Find More Posts by podrieger
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:01 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
FLS starter

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-10587-...3109-3109.aspx

This is the exact starter motor I have used for the last 4 or 5 winches that needed motors. They are the longer shaft. not the shorter one. The Atlanta soaring group recomended them to me. I or them never had a problem with them and they were great lasting, powerful, motors. I even took one to the motor rebuilder in Manchester Tn and he said it was a great motor.
However Rick Bothell jump in and said he bought these motors and they were junk. I was wondering if Rick was talking about the same motor I was????? So what do I know? I'm thinking Rick might have a motive for saying that but again I can only say these motors work great for a number of folks.. This whole thing came from a friend asking where to get decent, reasonable, winch motors. I hated to suggest my finding so we started asking y'all.. Thanks Brian
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:34 AM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...h+motor&page=3

Brian look at the last paragraph of my post #36
These motors are 12 volt, 4 coils, ball bearings at both ends made in the USA and shiny! We have one and we put thru some heavy contest for over a year now, this last contest it "seemed" to bog down, so I took it to my favorite starter shop and was told it looks like it is brand new!
The Visalia club recommend them to us.
Raed
raed5 is offline Find More Posts by raed5
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
winch motor

Thanks for that Raed
Did you mean to sat 12V or are they 6V. ?? Other wise that does sound good. I'll make sure my friend see's the info. Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raed5 View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...h+motor&page=3

Brian look at the last paragraph of my post #36
These motors are 12 volt, 4 coils, ball bearings at both ends made in the USA and shiny! We have one and we put thru some heavy contest for over a year now, this last contest it "seemed" to bog down, so I took it to my favorite starter shop and was told it looks like it is brand new!
The Visalia club recommend them to us.
Raed
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:53 PM
Orlando "Buzzards" FL
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Thanks for that Raed
Did you mean to sat 12V or are they 6V. ?? Other wise that does sound good. I'll make sure my friend see's the info. Brian
12 volts Brian, with 4 coils it has a lot of torque to maintain line tension.
Raed
raed5 is offline Find More Posts by raed5
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:52 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Coral Springs FL
Joined May 2002
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raed5 View Post
12 volts Brian, with 4 coils it has a lot of torque to maintain line tension.

..... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=36...

Raed

It's "Shiny" and it pulls hard...... I've used it several times at our contests. I think it is the strongest of the "lot" the Buzzards have.

Radian
www.phflyers.com
Radian is offline Find More Posts by Radian
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Aug 2006
1,627 Posts
Might be helpful if someone (Lachowski) could post the correct part numbers for the Bosch starters for F3B use. My understanding is that they were used in 80's German cars and are not current production. Would be interesting to check the Bosch website to see if that is true. Also would be good to have both the FLS and Bosch information in one thread here!
Avaldes is offline Find More Posts by Avaldes