Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial Filming View Post
Good to hear it Pigdogstix enjoy your machine look forward to seeing some video's and sorry you has some trouble to start of with, I dont write the stuff that comes with it im afraid but maybe i will try go through it and re wright it to make more sense.
thanks again
No problem, not your fault at all, I think something has got lost in translation or just been over looked.
pigdogstix is offline Find More Posts by pigdogstix
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:41 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
MJS88 I looked at your videos and you are very wise to NOT install the props yet
I think ONE of your problems is the transmitter is in Helli mode and not ACRO or airplane mode as "pigdogstix" has stated above because i see multiple inputs happening when you move one stick one way.

You really need to know and get comfortable with your transmitter menu and how to navigate around in it first.

In the idea-fly tools "state" mode is just that..... the state of the gyros and accelerometer on board so it only moves when you physically pick up and move the quad..... to see your transmitter inputs move the the quad you need to go to the remote control tab and in there click on the 3D tab near the top left corner.

Get your transmitter in ACRO mode first then in Ifly tools calibrate the sticks by clicking on calibrate, and move both the sticks to the max point in ALL directions before clicking on finish.
Then make sure the blue sliders move in the same direction as your sticks and only ONE slider at a time.

Then report back here.

Aerial Filming better send you the new Ifly-C4E flight controller..... thats a BIG mistake on someones part..... I'm really not sure how an old controller can get in a new quad
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Dec 09, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
Aerial videographer
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
Your probably right just like to make sure our customers are happy that's all
Aerial Filming is offline Find More Posts by Aerial Filming
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:47 PM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Hi MJS88 i have just read the tread and seen the picture im sending a harsh email to the factory now but i need the photos as proof to get this sorted out for you as soon as i can.
Done.
Just sent you all the pics I have, of everything, and closeups..
If you need more or something specific other than what I just sent, let me know and I will do it..

ps. Im very grateful for your help.
Im not going to get upset over this.. As I posted earlier, theres no sense in getting all worked up because in this hobby - nothing is easy and only patience will help you to make it through.
If they made a mistake at the factory and installed the wrong FC.. ok, all we can do is try to fix the issue.. if not today, then tomorrow.. one of these days, sooner or later, I'll be flying too..
Thanks!
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Last edited by MJS88; Dec 09, 2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:00 PM
Aerial videographer
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
Yes your right Patience is defiantly something you need in this hobbie, but there shouldn't be a C4 FC in a new 4S this is a big mess up from the factory. i will get this sorted for you and will email you tomorrow or Tuesday about what is happening.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:10 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Rick, sorry to hear of your woes, I am surprised they installed the wrong FC, but I guess these things can happen at times..

One thing, Don't plug the main battery on the quad in, without having switched on your transmitter first.I accidentally did this with mine and it started, with the props on, luckily no damage to me or it.

Very wise to keep your props off, I wouldn't even dream of installing them at this point, you will get there, patience will win though eventually

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:22 PM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Yes your right Patience is defiantly something you need in this hobbie, but there shouldn't be a C4 FC in a new 4S this is a big mess up from the factory. i will get this sorted for you and will email you tomorrow or Tuesday about what is happening.
No problem.. Iíll get you as many pictures as you need and I know you will get this straightened out.

Either way, I want you to know that as always, Im very appreciative and grateful for your assistance Ė more than anything, you are facing this mess head-on, promptly and with resolve.. instead of hiding, avoiding or making excuses.. that would have really upset me.
My friend, that speaks very highly of you.. as a person, and as a businessman.

I have absolutely no regrets or disappointments in buying from you, or even Idea-Fly for that matter, because you know, things happen, thatís life.. and Im sure that you, and Idea-Fly, will get all this right.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:28 PM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Rick, sorry to hear of your woes, I am surprised they installed the wrong FC, but I guess these things can happen at times..

One thing, Don't plug the main battery on the quad in, without having switched on your transmitter first.I accidentally did this with mine and it started, with the props on, luckily no damage to me or it.

Very wise to keep your props off, I wouldn't even dream of installing them at this point, you will get there, patience will win though eventually

Matt
LoL! Yes Matt.. things do happen.. oh well..
That was interesting to hear, because I have always plugged the battery in first, then turned the radio on.. so far that has never happened to me.. luckily.
However, if you read my previous, I was having issues with getting the motors to start, but then not being able to turn them off.. and this happened all the time so for now, I just dont trust this thing and until I can get all issues resolved.. Im grounded.. LoL!!

(also @ everyone).. so Ive decided that for now Im not going to keep trying to get all the calibrations or anything else working right because it obviously doesnt want to cooperate and maybe the wrong FC has something to do with it..
I'll wait until we can get that resolved first, then continue with my setup and configs..
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Sorry to hear that MJS88, when I looked at that photo I thought it was a stock photo it didn't cross my mind that it was your actual FC.

I'm sure Jonathan and AF will sort it out for you but at least when you do get it sorted I should have mine all configured so that should help get you in the air straight away.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:46 PM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
Ok let's see if we can get you to this stage.
… 1.press and hold the menu button and turn the Tx on this takes you into the advanced settings menu.
2.go to model setting, press ok.
3. select ACRO, press ok.
4.press exit and turn off your Tx.
5.turn it on again in the normal way.
and @ MAV..

That blew me away..
I would have NEVER thought of doing that – hold Menu then turn on to get to the Sys sub menu..
I had scrolled down through the menu to advanced, but there was no “Model Setting” there. At first I thought I had a different model TX or something else was wrong.. then I READ again what Dog wrote.. "HOLD THE FREAKIN THING DOWN THEN TURN IT ON” to get into sub menu..
Sometimes paying attention really helps.. LoL!!

Bottom line.. to me this an extremely valuable piece of 411.. how many people would actually have known or figured that out..? Specially a NooB.. nope.
Now that it’s posted here Im sure it will also help someone else too..
Just never ceases to amaze me how much you can learn from people in these forums..

Cheers everybody! – and Thanks!
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:47 PM
Aerial videographer
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
No problem MJS88 were not going to leave you with an IFLY4 in a IFLY-4s body we will get it sorted.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:55 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
873 Posts
I'm thinking of buying the canopy for my tricopter. Could anyone tell me how the canopy attaches to the frame? perhaps a photo of the underside? That would greatly appreciated.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
The 4s has 4 push through pins that hold it on, not sure about the ifly4 though, if I get chance I'll put some photos up tomorrow.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Here is my first video (without the help of David Bailey aka my Mrs) on the camera.

1st flight with Ifly 4s (1 min 57 sec)

It's not very long or interesting but at least it flys and is super stable, I'm gonna have to dumb down the control inputs a little as you hardly have to touch the sticks and she will move, just a case of adjusting and testing.

Next up is the camera mount, got it all onboard just need to plug it in to the FC, I can't remember if the brown wire from the servo is + - or if anyone has any installation details on it that would be sweet.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
I'm thinking of buying the canopy for my tricopter. Could anyone tell me how the canopy attaches to the frame? perhaps a photo of the underside? That would greatly appreciated.
H
These are the little push pins that hold the canopy on, can't seem to add multiple pictures for some reason.