SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by WDKK, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:47 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Dec 2006
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
Want to buy power system

HI,
I have a 53 inch v-hull boat that I need a power system for. Would like a jet pump system. I know they can be expensive but I would buy a gently used one. Also looking at gas and electric.
Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

WDKK
I line in Northern Indiana don't mind a short drive
WDKK is offline Find More Posts by WDKK
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, PA, Clearfield
Joined Jan 2007
412 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
I was going to try the same thing you want to do on a V-hull and was advised against it as the V toward the transom was too deep to use a pump. The jet boat hulls have a totally different bottom than a V-hull and can accept a jet pump.Maybe a crackerbox hull would work with some modification since it is a flatter V than other boats.Maybe someone that is familiar with jet boats will chime in.
sleepwalker is offline Find More Posts by sleepwalker
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Jun 2009
146 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
KMB jet drives

The 40mm KMB jet drives should work. Sometimes you can find used ones on the forum. I bought mine directly from KMB and it was alot cheaper, even with the euro exchange, than the price you see on Ebay. I have attached the instructions for mounting it in a V hull. I use two of them in my PBR which about as long but I am sure weights more than your boat. It originally had a gas motor in it. I use two Proteus motors and 2S lipos.

Also, check our website, www.indyadmirals.org, we have two indoor runs set up for Jan and Feb. You are welcome to come down to Indy and join us.
hampboats is offline Find More Posts by hampboats
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Dec 2006
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
That's awesome .. Hope I can find one.. When I get further along in my build, I'll post a build log.

Thanks for the response

WDKK
WDKK is offline Find More Posts by WDKK