HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:00 AM
Joined Oct 2011
58 Posts
Discussion
is there any problems in using orange rx with dx61 for fuel planes

Hi

I was using a orange rx with my specktrum dx6i to fly nitro trainer and after some time it stopped working and does not respond to the tx. I was just wondering is this normal and orange rx can not be used with the nitro planes or is this a bad rx. i tried twice and same results came and it start after a 3-4 min of flying.

regards
shkimran
shkimran is offline Find More Posts by shkimran
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:09 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,647 Posts
Normally, the Orange work. But I would not use them anywhere else than in foamies. For "dangerous" models like helis or nitros I would use a genuine Spektrum RX.
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:36 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,656 Posts
There are several different Orange Rxs. For relatively large models like most glow trainers I would only use the one with a satellite Rx.

Also I've only used them on electrics so I don't know how they respond to all the extra vibration....do you have it well insulated from the vibration ?

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,710 Posts
The Orange 610 alone is suitable for park flier-type electric models. It is NOT suitable for models in which there are large conductive lumps that will block the signal (like engines or big batteries or CF). You must use a satellite in such cases to provide signal diversity.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Oct 2011
58 Posts
thx for all the info. i did try to insulate the rx but i m newbie. i m now flying with original rx and its working fine
shkimran is offline Find More Posts by shkimran