Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:18 AM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
Help!
Bad lipo

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2 cell sky lipo 5000mah hardcase for my new slash and I can't get the lipo to work properly. When I first received the lipo I checked the cells and they were not abnormal at all. (I don't remember the exact number for each cell) I cut off the red plug that it came with and soldered on a deans plug and charged the lipo up with my thunder charger. I went to the rc track to run my truck and the truck will not go. As soon as I pull the trigger the truck acts like the esc is at low-voltage cut off. The truck just crawls. Both cells are at 4.20 but the battery acts like it is dead. I tried to cycle the battery a few times with my charger but didn't help at all. I plugged in a airplane lipo I use for my planes and the truck works fine. I think I have a bad lipo. Is it possible to return it or exchange it for another?

Here is my order number:

yhst-62196343123315-346392

Thank you .
Ron
Captain Ron is offline Find More Posts by Captain Ron
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:10 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
I'll have a RMA sent out to you so you can return the battery to get exchanged, you should be receiving the RMA shortly and it'll have the instructions on how to return the battery.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:40 PM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
Awesome, I'll be on the lookout for the RMA. I hate to be petty but can I take the deans plug off of the lipo before I send it back? I don't have any more female deans left. Thank you!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:42 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Sure you can go ahead and keep the deans connectors. Make sure to shrink wrap the ends of the wires and tape them separately from each other to the battery so they don't touch while coming back to us.

-Charlie
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:19 AM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
Charlie, I have the battery ready to mail back but still no RMA in my email.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:30 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
I emailed it to the email that we have on file for the order. Just in case I PMed you the RMA form.

-Charlie
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:20 PM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
Got the PM thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
I received my replacement lipo today. I tried it out and so far it seems to be working properly. Thanks for your help RaidenCharlie!

This is the first time I have needed to return something to hobbypartz and I have to say that regardless of the bashing I hear about hobbypartz or nitroplanes customer service my problem was handled perfectly. I had a problem, I contacted someone, they issued an RMA, I returned the item and was given an exchange. Thanks Hobbypartz.com and RaidenCharlie!