HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:59 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,748 Posts
scrubs,
Nice things happen to good people mate. So why the heck I'm getting anything at all is anyone's guess.
I have the parts to build an 18" Sperry Monoplane and Stahlwerk and, unless I do it in foam, I suppose a Nieuport 11 had better be on the cards. Probably a Pup, Tabloid, Strutter and at least 3 others are possibilities too. All will be simple 3 channel models to suit the gear I have - and my flying abilities.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:24 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,474 Posts
i find the models i build myself end up lighter than any rtf or kit built that is a similar plane. they might not always fly as good though, but thats part of the fun of a home built model, figuring out all its quirks until you get it to fly right.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:45 PM
Rio Rancho NM
Joined Dec 2004
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERRAKE View Post
scrubs,
Nice things happen to good people mate. So why the heck I'm getting anything at all is anyone's guess.
I have the parts to build an 18" Sperry Monoplane and Stahlwerk and, unless I do it in foam, I suppose a Nieuport 11 had better be on the cards. Probably a Pup, Tabloid, Strutter and at least 3 others are possibilities too. All will be simple 3 channel models to suit the gear I have - and my flying abilities.

Pete
Some interesting planes especially the Tabloid. Hopefully Charlie will handle short kits like the SE5.

scrubs
scrubs is offline Find More Posts by scrubs