HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,322 Posts
Suggestion
unjust point

I was directed here to "vent", I guess.

Having never even been sent to detention in school, I'm not sure how this process works.

My thread said that after reading a thread started by someone- whose username includes the following letters in random order= MOE- that I'd like to figure out the whole "blocking" thing.

All of my posts were seeking information about what is "blocking" and the entire thread was about seeking information, and wondering how "ignore" works, NOT about slamming someone.

Then out of the blue a moderator says I was trolling trying to illicit an emotional response by singling someone out.
1) How is it singling out? There was no thread referred to. Nobody knew who I was talking about as I said their username INCLUDED the letters MOE scrambled... and there's a great many people whose username include those three letters!!!
2) Where was the illiciting of an emotional response. Please let me know as I can't grasp where that came into play!

In fact, I even implied that I only wanted them blocked from classifies and not the forums in general because they could still be a valuable, contributing member otherwise. I just didn't want to sell anything to them and get caught in the same silly mess someone else was.

Please re-read the original unedited posts (I assume you can still see them?) and realize there was NO finger-pointing towards a named individual and that the ENTIRE attitude of the thread was NOT trolling.

Edited to add: I don't just desire the point to be overlooked, like going to traffic school for a speeding ticket. I desire the ticket to be thrown out altogether as illegitimate!
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
If you would like to appeal the point, please provide a link to the post in question. Here is a link to a post that explains how the appeal process works: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551788.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,322 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780686

Ahh, I didn't know about not editing it...however, the main edit in the first post really only emphasized the fact that I had initially stated that the username included the letters MOE, so really, the content didn't change much. So whoever flagged it could still construe it as being effectually unedited?
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Apr 2012
812 Posts
Unfortunately, once the post has been edited, the point goes away and it can't be appealed. If someone reports it again and it receives another point, you may appeal at that time.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar