SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2003, 03:17 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,437 Posts
Micro Electric Helicopter Guide/Faq

I am newbie to this heli thing, and it seems that many questions on this forum are repeated, but there are so many posts that even with searching, finding what you need could take a long, long time. So I am suggestion that someone/ some people make an MICRO Electric Heli guide/faq to help clearify common problems with micro helis and help in making the "which one" decision. I know the electric heli guide is a great overall guide, although it only really goes into specifics on the Piccolo micro heli and Corona/ Logo larger helis; I am proposing a similar article (maybe not so detailed on radio setup, but hints for specific helis, same with construction, similar to the electric guide) aimed at micro helis specificly (i.e Hornet, HB, Dragonfly, Piccolo's etc..). I think this would really help clearify specific heli issues, clearing up some of the repeated questions in the forum, and help newbies with heli specific setup tips and which helicopter to buy!

Sam
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2003, 03:33 PM
Joined Nov 2003
19 Posts
try this guy, he's reknown for his knowledge on picollo's

http://www.pgoelz.com/piccolo_faq.html
calljj is offline Find More Posts by calljj
Old Dec 12, 2003, 04:28 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,437 Posts
I am suggesting that someone who knows much more about helis than me make a guide to ALL the micro helis (there are heli specific sites for Hornet and Piccollo out there, I know!), so the same questions wouldn't be asked over again!
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Dec 12, 2003, 05:59 PM
West LA, California
Joined May 2003
16 Posts
You'll find that for the most part people on these boards are very happy to help. Understand though, that most of us enjoy flying more than doing extensive and time consuming research and data compilation for people we don't even know.

Here is a great link to tips for the Hornet. This site is a great resource for all things Hornet, and a few things Piccolo. Bertween this and the other site posted above, you should have a good head start. We all have to go through the learning curve though. That's part of what makes it a hobby.

http://microhelis.homestead.com/WaltsTips.html
HelicopterHead is offline Find More Posts by HelicopterHead