SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Punkie's Avatar
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Is RAP music popular in your country?
Love it.
Goldie Lookin Chain - Guns Don't Kill People, Rappers Do (3 min 3 sec)
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:22 AM
Now fortified with carbon
DLGjunkyard's Avatar
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
More people die from surgical mistakes as a percentage than from guns .... Perhaps we should outlaw doctors?
More people die getting crushed by vending machines than shark attacks, should we ban vending machines and start swimming in shark infested waters?
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:34 AM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
More people are injured slipping in the tub than waxing their car. Should be ban peanut butter sandwiches?
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:35 AM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
Well there you go.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
Registered User
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
More people die getting crushed by vending machines than shark attacks, should we ban vending machines and start swimming in shark infested waters?
The reason why less people get killed by sharks is because the number of sharks on average in the water where people swim is less than the number of vending machines ...

So, swiming in shark "infested" waters isn't the a valid argument.

The study should be made to determine how many shark attacks happen when swimmers and sharks are in the same area.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:00 PM
Registered User
Wrench's Avatar
Joined Dec 2004
170 Posts
[QUOTE=logan5;23448189]The reason why less people get killed by sharks is because the number of sharks on average in the water where people swim is less than the number of vending machines ...

QUOTE]

Vending machines in the water ........ Who knew
Wrench is offline Find More Posts by Wrench
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:12 PM
Registered User
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
[QUOTE=Wrench;23448226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The reason why less people get killed by sharks is because the number of sharks on average in the water where people swim is less than the number of vending machines ...

QUOTE]

Vending machines in the water ........ Who knew
I know right? ...
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:57 PM
Not watchin from the sideline
Yeaman's Avatar
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
If you dont like guns, you can always go to prison. I heard that they very rarely have guns... Its much safer.
Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:05 PM
Expo/DualRates = Lack of Skill
typeRA's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Mar 2009
789 Posts
Mexico is another safe place for hoplophobes:

typeRA is online now Find More Posts by typeRA
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:08 PM
Now fortified with carbon
DLGjunkyard's Avatar
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The reason why less people get killed by sharks is because the number of sharks on average in the water where people swim is less than the number of vending machines ...

So, swiming in shark "infested" waters isn't the a valid argument.

The study should be made to determine how many shark attacks happen when swimmers and sharks are in the same area.
Well, we know most everybody on the planet sleeps in a bed, Your argument was people die in bed ,should we ban beds? Its all crazy talk was my point. The thing is this. You need a gun to defend yourself, That we can agree. Its the wise thing to do just like not swimming with sharks . Problem is, every thug [including children] now have a gun. Nobody is safe. Your kidding yourself if you think you are . I just happen to be much safer than you . Less guns = safer. Easy to figure out. Much the same as fewer sharks in the water while swimming
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeRA View Post
Mexico is another safe place for hoplophobes:

yeah ... that's working out real well for them.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Well, we know most everybody on the planet sleeps in a bed, Your argument was people die in bed ,should we ban beds? Its all crazy talk was my point. The thing is this. You need a gun to defend yourself, That we can agree. Its the wise thing to do just like not swimming with sharks . Problem is, every thug [including children] now have a gun. Nobody is safe. Your kidding yourself if you think you are . I just happen to be much safer than you . Less guns = safer. Easy to figure out. Much the same as fewer sharks in the water while swimming
that wasn't my argument ... I merely responded to the person that posted that.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:20 PM
foamie re-cycler
daddiozz's Avatar
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Nobody is safe. I just happen to be much safer than you .
A lack of guns Does not make you safer .Guns make it far easier for someone using one to cause greivious personal injury or death to your person...but the lack therof doesn't slow or stop the intent.You are fooling only yourself if you truly believe you are "safer"because there are fewer guns around.Some of the most violent people I've personally come in contact with were from Canada..also some of the rudest.
daddiozz is online now Find More Posts by daddiozz
Last edited by daddiozz; Dec 05, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:07 AM
Omnipote
stone_axe's Avatar
Louisville, KY
Joined Apr 2001
665 Posts
The vast majority of people killed by a firearm are killed by someone they know - over half of them are killed by one of their family members. About a quarter of all people killed by a firearm are killed by their own firearm. Owning a firearm increases your risk of burglary by a factor of 10.

Guns are cool and all and I fully support the Second Amendment and I have my CCL. But you have to realize that on the whole you are more likely to be killed by a firearm if you posses them.

Crime rates are at an all time low. Feel free to own all the guns you want, but don't kid yourself that they are protecting you. The opposite is true.
stone_axe is offline Find More Posts by stone_axe
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:13 AM
Registered User
HELModels's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
2,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post
The vast majority of people killed by a firearm are killed by someone they know - over half of them are killed by one of their family members. About a quarter of all people killed by a firearm are killed by their own firearm. Owning a firearm increases your risk of burglary by a factor of 10.

Guns are cool and all and I fully support the Second Amendment and I have my CCL. But you have to realize that on the whole you are more likely to be killed by a firearm if you posses them.

Crime rates are at an all time low. Feel free to own all the guns you want, but don't kid yourself that they are protecting you. The opposite is true.
True, guns dont kill or protect. It's all about the operator and the circumstances that lead up to a discharge. Complacency and comfort probably contribute a lot to handling errors turned accidents. A good policy would be to not handle a gun without purpose and focus. There's lots of ways to do it wrong, conciously avoid them and be safe. Pretty simple really.
HELModels is offline Find More Posts by HELModels
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Safety discussion. How do we determine if a shoot is worth the risk. Tarro Aerial Photography 22 Jul 07, 2012 03:15 PM
Discussion Update on our Wounded Warrior... not good FiremanBill SEFF 2012 4 Jun 15, 2012 12:38 PM
Poll Do you wear safety goggles/safety glasses when you fly Z06 Tony Large Electric Helis 21 Mar 16, 2011 05:34 AM
Discussion Safety Issue / Do not view if squemish rctvlive Electric Heli Talk 6 Aug 15, 2010 02:26 PM
Discussion Proposal to help enhance our security. peterp1964 Life, The Universe, and Politics 35 May 17, 2006 07:04 PM