HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:22 AM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
190 Posts
Discussion
Tuned pipe for OS 91?

Hi all.

I might be able to get a used OS .91 DF and BVM Fan setup ,but no pipe for it. Are these still availible, if so from who? I had a quick look at BVM site but didn't see any.

Are there other alternatives on the market maybe?

Thanx

Theuns (South Africa)
T. van Vuuren is offline Find More Posts by T. van Vuuren
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Milford on Sea
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Hi thuens,
Ok you should be able to find a pipe easily on the Internet,there are still quite a few companies who who sell tuned pipes,but I suggest you try Mac's pipes,they in fact make the pipe that OS suggest for the 91.
I also have an OS 91. And a viofan and will soon be after a pipe myself as the pipe that came with the setup is only 9'' long,never seen one like that before!
I spoke to Bob Violett a few weeks ago,and he was shocked that I was messing around with glo df stuff,and told me,"Man,we ain't flown that kind of stuff for 20 years" Anyway fortunately he was able to sell me a new and balanced fan but it wasn't cheap with tax on it as well.
So all the best and good luck,love to know what plane it's for.
Cheers
JJ
Jon jacobs is offline Find More Posts by Jon jacobs
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:52 AM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
190 Posts
Hi JJ. First of all the weather here in SA is so cold and wet I fell like I might have accedently got you weather LOL!
The hassle I have is that I sold all my toys some time ago and need to start from scratch again, but this time the budget is a fraction of what it was :-(

I do allot of custom building /painting for modlers here (to pay my hobby expences) and have been toying with the idea of a Heinkel 126 Salamander for 90mm EDF. You can see the design work being done here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772532

I was given a 90mm edf unit but still need to get a Motor/ESC and the very expensive battery packs. Then my charger will also need to be upgraded....you see where I am going with this? all ads up to big $.

One of my mates have an OS 91 with BVM fan but no pipe for arround 85 UK quid. I think this will be the way to go, just need to find the pipe then.

I actually had the OS91 with BVM pipe (IIRC) and Ramtec fan unit many years ago, but I understand the BVM fan to be better?

As for the plane, I will see if I can successfully scale up the plans of my HE 162, just need to see if I can make the sadletanks fit inside the necelle. Otherwise I have plans for a Mirage 2000 and a F9f Panther.
The HE 126 will just be the easiest and quickest to build, granted the ugliest too :-)

I will go google the pipe co. you spoke about, thanx mate!

Theuns
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Oct 2004
565 Posts
Jon, Tom cook at. Jetmodelproducts.com , I believe , is still in the biz.
BV was "shocked " LOL
jetmaven is offline Find More Posts by jetmaven
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:25 AM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
190 Posts
Thanx guys. I had a look at Mac's Pipes site and it seems a 15cc (.90) muffled pipe goes for allot more than an un muffled pipe.

Does it make a great difference in power to use the un muffled pipe? I do think the un muffled one will be allot more noisy ,but then DF's were never known to be very quiet LOL!

The problem I have with the bigger EDF's is the staggeringly high prices of the setups, ironically it is cheaper to buy a second hand turbine!

Theuns
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:51 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,196 Posts
I think I have the pipe you want...PM me if you want to buy it!
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:38 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2002
921 Posts
OS-91 Pipe

I have a Jet Model Products for the OS91 RI/RE-DF. PM me if your interested.

Larry E.
LJE4357 is offline Find More Posts by LJE4357
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:30 AM
Theuns
Joined Sep 2011
190 Posts
Thanx for the offer guys. I have found out that the fan setup has been put on the open market ad at the price asked I am sure it will go fast.

I wanted to swop the estup for a model or something, but I think I lost out on this deal. :-(
Will just have to keep my eyes open for another one.

Ah well, can't win them all........but it would be nice to win one now and then LOL

Theuns
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:11 AM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,308 Posts
Theuns:

Try this link. BVM Fans/engines and pipes for sale on RCG.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1372224

Ed
A10pilot is offline Find More Posts by A10pilot