HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
A place in the vein of Five guys with their concentration on good burgers and fries, maybe call it Cinco Chicos.
With Mayo.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:58 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
We have some good Mex food, more restaurant settings, nearby and a good pizza place, and an old fashioned cafeteria I first ate at thirty plus years ago, called Matthews on Main St. in Tucker if you are ever up here, they are famous now, were on TV showing how they make their bisquits... but I would like a place I can run in and get a bag to go. Kind of like taco bell, only with better tacos. The problem here is there are really good ones who sell fresh stuff, and I like to eat there, and there are really bad ones who cheat you on the amount of meat, the meat is so oily, it drips out of the now greasy shell and the amount of lettuce and cheese they put on it would fit in a couple thimbles. Unfortunately, the old one up here was good, before I lived up here, it was on my mental map of good taco bells, but they moved to a new location across the street and are bad now. I figure it was a change of ownership as well as a move. So now, I have to drive through traffic about 25 minutes to the closest decent taco bell.

When I used to work near S. Cobb Dr., the one out there was outstanding and I probably ate lunch there three times a week. A woman comes over and asks if she can sit and talk to me for a while, and she was enlisting me to be a random food tester for that store, and I am sure my eyes got big, free meals for me! I figure I can save $10 a week easy, and she said she would contact me, but I never heard from her. Darn it.
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Last edited by Treetop; Dec 05, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:59 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
With Mayo.
Sans Mayo....

Actually, I do make tacos at home and do the quickie thing and have had them in May and with mayo, when they were too dry. To make good tacos at home I need to put the meet in the blender or a food processor, which I am too lazy to do when just making a few for myself, too much of a clean up job. I am going to make some chicken tacos one of these days...
Last edited by Treetop; Dec 05, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:00 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Sans Mayo....
Cinco de Mayo
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymon View Post
I'm helping OJ look for the real killer
Don't you know they found the real killer? Your job is done!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/20/justic...aim/index.html
Neil Morse is offline Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:04 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,091 Posts
Quote:
but I would like a place I can run in and get a bag to go. Kind of like taco bell, only with better tacos.
Taco Bell food is virtually inedible and an insult to the Taco. Come to SF and you will find exactly the kind of place you are looking for. A lot of them. Yummmm.
Neil Morse is offline Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:48 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,863 Posts
Del Taco used to have great tacos, burritos and fresh sauce.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:55 PM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,054 Posts
I push tin over the counter at a Ford dealership..I work the back counter, with the techs. Between selling parts and trying to calm down service writers ("waddya mean it's back-ordered?"), I peruse RCG and BringATrailer.
When I'm not working, I spend time with my wife and daughter, build model planes and am the caretaker of a 61 Studebaker Hawk.
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:58 PM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
Del Taco used to have great tacos, burritos and fresh sauce.
They came back to Texas...not impressed at all. Rather hit Freebirds instead, or a local taqueira. Taco Cabana isn't too bad, and I'll lower my standards to Taco Bueno if I'm in a big hurry.
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:14 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Baja Fresh is as close as it gets around these parts. Except for certain roach coaches, of course.
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,768 Posts
Quote:
We have some good Mex food, more restaurant settings, nearby and a good pizza place, and an old fashioned cafeteria I first ate at thirty plus years ago, called Matthews on Main St. in Tucker if you are ever up here, they are famous now, were on TV showing how they make their bisquits... but I would like a place I can run in and get a bag to go.

A bag of biscuits ?.

What you need is a Southern taco joint that serves tacos, biscuits, and grits.

Quote:
When I used to work near S. Cobb Dr., the one out there was outstanding and I probably ate lunch there three times a week. A woman comes over and asks if she can sit and talk to me for a while, and she was enlisting me to be a random food tester for that store, and I am sure my eyes got big, free meals for me! I figure I can save $10 a week easy, and she said she would contact me, but I never heard from her. Darn it.

Was this about the same time you owned the van ?.

She probably thought you were stalking one of the employees and wanted to get your information in case the girl's body wound up in a dumpster somewhere.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:04 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,618 Posts
There is a joint in Tucson that rocks pretty hard

Chuy's Mesquite Broiler

Many places in AZ and SoCal
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:39 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
I was looking at Matthews website, didn't realize they opened at 5am for breakfast.

Seems like it used to be family style.

http://www.matthewscafeteria.com/
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:49 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,031 Posts
Quote:
I was looking at Matthews website, didn't realize they opened at 5am for breakfast.

Seems like it used to be family style.

http://www.matthewscafeteria.com/
Dang!! that place still around? I usta eat breakfast there many a morning on the way to school... (Dekalb Tech.)..quit going though when I discovered the Varsity across the way from Ga Tech...

sure wish I had a couple of their chilli dogs right now ...

dang you ,Treetop!!...
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Last edited by daddiozz; Dec 05, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:22 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
If ever in Cleveland, go to Mi Pueblo Taqueria. Even the MILD salsa is pretty hot! Most of the clientele is Hispanic-that should say something!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mi-pueblo-taqueria-cleveland
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932