HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:14 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
too lazy to roll up their enchiladas....
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:22 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashRC View Post
I have that beat..ate Tex-Mex in NYC, the proprieters were Asian, and there was very little Tex and hardly any Mex in their food. Don't get me wrong, it tasted good, just wasn't Tex-Mex.

BTW, don't ever imply that Tex-Mex and "New Mexican Cuisine" are ANYWHERE near the same thing, especially if your'e just over the border in New Mexico, and the waitress is your size or bigger..
Funny you should bring that up, I used to eat at two chicken wing places that were run by Asians, never had the wings, one of them made remarkable chili dogs, the other had a dish that was beef ribs, sliced thin so the ribs were little circular bones, they marinated it and grilled it, it was really tender, tasty, and good, served with a side of rice and some really good cole slaw, for $3. It was really the only decent food close to where my shop was back then, and they were on the edge of a college complex there, I ate there at least three times a week.

By the same token, I have found that eastern Indian folks who are new immigrants and own Dairy Queen franchises, and at least one of the Philly Cheese Steak franchises are very inept, and don't understand American expectations. They also have language issues (for some reason, I guess they don't understand the slow southern drawl) and will argue that you ordered something you didn't because they didn't understand, or the father who took the order got it wrong. Most folks would ignore whose fault it was, and just make the customer another sandwich.

By the same token, the best Blimpies I have ever been to was owned and run by an Indian man, but he was not a new immigrant, very happy in his work, and very attentive. Food was always excellent and he would come out and talk to me, make sure everything was all right...
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:29 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,696 Posts
I like my Mexican Sonoran style.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:30 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
305 Posts
Quote:
I have that beat..ate Tex-Mex in NYC, the proprieters were Asian, and there was very little Tex and hardly any Mex in their food. Don't get me wrong, it tasted good, just wasn't Tex-Mex.

BTW, don't ever imply that Tex-Mex and "New Mexican Cuisine" are ANYWHERE near the same thing, especially if your'e just over the border in New Mexico, and the waitress is your size or bigger..
Cleveland has a large Hispanic population as does Painesville (a far eastern'burb). In fact there is a bodega there with an attached restaurant where it might help if you speak Spanish. The "no parking" signs out front are even in Spanish. You can imagine how good the food is when nearly all the clientele habla espanol.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:32 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
Where the space age meets the iron age. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Ce...ailroad_System
so what do you do for the RR? do you have anything to do with the old steam locomotives?
jonquinn is offline Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:14 PM
David Drowns
Southern California
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
Propane, and propane accessories.

Service Tech.
Mig Man is online now Find More Posts by Mig Man
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:15 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,219 Posts
Own my own cleaning service, not a franchise.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:20 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,696 Posts
My Uncle is in the Propane game. For decades
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:26 PM
David Drowns
Southern California
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
My Uncle is in the Propane game. For decades
1.7 decades for me, so far.

Hank Hill (To Buck Strickland)
You called in a fake propane emergency? That's a $50 fine after I report it.
Mig Man is online now Find More Posts by Mig Man
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:41 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Working on enabling the Smart Society.
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:35 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
I am in the much maligned automotive industry, and contrary to popular belief, I never sell, or install something on someones car that they dont need!
I like the people that come in and tell me what they want replaced... Don't bother checking anything or a diagnosis... "Just change that, I'm not paying diag time. "You work on cars because your stupid." Those are my favorite customers, usually by the time they have paid for 3 parts plus install they are ready to throw in the towel and let me do my job.

Fun is seeing them come in with LEAN O2 Sensor diag fron Advance Auto Parts and no code numbers and want you to change ALL 4 O2 sensors that the parts house just sold them after a free scan on the Ford F150 they just drove in... Because I would be cheating them out of a nickle if I was paid to do the diag and saw P0171 and P0174 and heard the PCV line whistle because it has a 3/8 in hole in it..
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I am back, such as it is...
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:07 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
It's that pesky "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" thingie.

Just as I thought - you were unaware of that.
Show me a verdict of innocent in a court. It never happens.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I am back, such as it is...
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:16 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn View Post
so what do you do for the RR? do you have anything to do with the old steam locomotives?
If there is an electron moving within 50 feet, they call me. If it isn't moving, and it is supposed to, they call me. JJJ sold the money making part of the RR and kept the coal burners. Google Age of steam roundhouse.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
305 Posts
Quote:

Ever get a burger at a Chinese restaurant? It tastes like Chinese food.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
"Butchering Balsa since 1971"
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Dec 2003
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Ever get a burger at a Chinese restaurant? It tastes like Chinese food.
OOOHHH!! Teriyaki burgers!!!!

http://www.cheese-burger.net/recipes...i-burgers.html
CashRC is offline Find More Posts by CashRC