HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Apr 2003
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Schmoekel View Post

A two second delay is a heck of a long time to wait for a shot of power in an emergency situation.
Exactly why I want to have the throttle on the stick (and immediately activated by a switch).

BTW, a 2 second delay is pretty dang fast for power up when you're flying a turbine. I've timed my Wren 54 at more than an 8 second spool up from idle to full throttle when the engine temps are high

It makes you really focus on getting a good landing pattern set up waaaaaaaay in advance.
buzzfly is online now Find More Posts by buzzfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:27 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,117 Posts
Mark - I will be interested in your program for the XL3200. I am just starting to build the Elegant 700. By spring time I expect to be flying again with regularity.

OT - no hurry to get the HP22 back from you, I got the newest version from my dad over Thanksgiving.

Be well,
JimNM
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
BUzzfly, Hi.

I have an Alpina 4001E with a compact 555 18.5v motor. Let me say that once this thing starts turning, the hairs in my back unavoidably stand up like porcupine quills. It can sure pump some power!

So the setup on my Aurora 9 has to be pretty good to avoid silly accidents. Here is what I did: 3 flight Conditions: Launch (or Motor On, if you prefer), Normal, Landing. All 3 conditions are set by the same 3 pos switch, launch being the one further "outwards" in the switch, then normal, and the position nearest to me is Landing.

Throttle Lock activated on all conditions BUT Launch or Motor; in this condition, the Throttle stick, as its name implies, turns the motor on or off, no Butterfly Available.

In Normal, the Throttle stick is only a decoration in the Aurora; no Butterfly and Throttle Lock to avoid any unwanted motor activations.

Finally, in Landing Mode, the Motor is in Throttle Lock also, and Butterfly is activated, regulated by the travel of the throttle stick.

On separate switches, Camber and Reflex, if you need them.

Pretty simple and straightforward.
BladeRunn is offline Find More Posts by BladeRunn
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:28 PM
geordie land,uk
Joined Nov 2005
893 Posts
I used to fly my electric Fox and 4001 with the throttle on the throttle stick and butterfly on the left slider[Aurora 9]. I was quite comfortable with this set-up until I was talked over to trying butterfly on the throttle stick as it was said to give more control and it did. So I simply swapped the throttle onto the left slider and this suits me fine now.
simonslim is offline Find More Posts by simonslim
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:51 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonslim View Post
I used to fly my electric Fox and 4001 with the throttle on the throttle stick and butterfly on the left slider[Aurora 9]. I was quite comfortable with this set-up until I was talked over to trying butterfly on the throttle stick as it was said to give more control and it did. So I simply swapped the throttle onto the left slider and this suits me fine now.
Yup, that's my set-up too!

I'm finding that the "motor" control with a slight delay works well. I found that I have to change the assigned control on my throttle channel to "null" for the motor control to work properly. Which I suppose has some logic to it (normally I fail to spot logic in matters programming )...

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1