HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Help!
Banana Hobby Super Corsair...JUNK!!

Well, I'm yet another victim of the BH rip off! I stupidly ordered the Super Corsair instead of paying attention to this forum and now I'll have to spend hundres more to get it in the air (if it ever gets in the air). First of all, the retracts don't work at all. The sequencer is junk and the doors barely open. Then only one of the retracts will move at all. Of course, BH is nowhere to be found once you buy. Also, the wing retract regulator was disconnected in the box and I'm freaked out to even attempt to hook it up for fear it will fry. Does anyone know which way the wing motors are supposed to plug into this POS to make it work without frying (gotta love the lack on any instructions)? Also, I have a Spektrum DX8, does anyone know which channel the wings are supposed to work on? Again, big time regret for a great looking plane that has to be completely rebuilt to fly...no instructions...no product support...no customer support... no parts...etc., etc., etc. Well, I really only blame myself for falling for the lies! NEVER AGAIN! Any help from an actual person would be great, thanks!
mikejo2013 is offline Find More Posts by mikejo2013
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
430 Posts
There is good costumer support here on their forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/banana-hobby-560/
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:45 AM
too many planes
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Sep 2012
142 Posts
Mike the airframe is good but a 50amp speed and a 5amp BEC way too small in my opinion for such a large bird. Your running a crazy amount of channels with a small BEC.... Use a CC pro 25 BEC sounds like overkill but you won't starve the electronics of power. You have to admit it is a beautiful airplane. You get what you pay for.... hate to sound preachy but it's true.
ww2birder is offline Find More Posts by ww2birder
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
BH Super Corsair

I agree, this is all on me for being stupid, now I just need to move forward and make it work. I'm using a Castle BEC and 100 amp ICE speed control, but also, there are no markings on the motor that came with it. Is the motor adequate or does that need to be upgfraded as well? Any idea on the wing module? Thanks so much!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:10 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejo2013 View Post
I agree, this is all on me for being stupid...
I wasn't going to mention that.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:43 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Have you ask your questions here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+hobbi+corsair

I was interested in this bird but I'm glad I waited to see what the wing retract mechanism looked like. Looks like trouble waiting to happen.
I would probably just glue a couple spars in there and forget the wing retraction.

Walter
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Last edited by TripleW; Dec 22, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:33 PM
too many planes
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Sep 2012
142 Posts
The motor is going to be close to 5055 280 kv Hobbyking has one in the sk series for 49bucks 100 amp speed is good and a 10amp BEC at very least. The rest of electronics I can't help. Walter has a good point you don't want a bird of that size folding like a lawn chair!
ww2birder is offline Find More Posts by ww2birder
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:34 PM
retro92777
United States, MI, Hamilton
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
i agree too many issues to list ive flown the monster 3 times retracts junk u hit nail on the head i feel verbatem what u stated about bh support ect love plane and concept but poor quality QUOTE=mikejo2013;23424268]Well, I'm yet another victim of the BH rip off! I stupidly ordered the Super Corsair instead of paying attention to this forum and now I'll have to spend hundres more to get it in the air (if it ever gets in the air). First of all, the retracts don't work at all. The sequencer is junk and the doors barely open. Then only one of the retracts will move at all. Of course, BH is nowhere to be found once you buy. Also, the wing retract regulator was disconnected in the box and I'm freaked out to even attempt to hook it up for fear it will fry. Does anyone know which way the wing motors are supposed to plug into this POS to make it work without frying (gotta love the lack on any instructions)? Also, I have a Spektrum DX8, does anyone know which channel the wings are supposed to work on? Again, big time regret for a great looking plane that has to be completely rebuilt to fly...no instructions...no product support...no customer support... no parts...etc., etc., etc. Well, I really only blame myself for falling for the lies! NEVER AGAIN! Any help from an actual person would be great, thanks![/QUOTE]
retro92777 is online now Find More Posts by retro92777
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:09 AM
retro92777
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
ive had similar experience but suck on computer with bh and my corsair
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
retro92777
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
corsair from bh

im supposed to be recieving replacement parts for corsair shortlt after christmashope retracts are of a better quality also ordered p-40 79 inch wingspanhope this as well is a better quality construction hope banana hobby starts doing better with cus sup seems at this point after they get money its like pulling hens teeth to get help
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:04 AM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Banana Hobby Super Corsair...

Well, OK, they stepped up and delevered. I received the replacement parts and even though I ended up using a different sequencer (my choice), I have to give credit where credit is due. I still haven't flown it (still building), but I have to admit that the quality is superior to other foamies on the market that I've seen / bought (extensive, believe me!). Anyway, I'm going to full on test the supplied motor against the Turnigy 270KV I got from HK and will base my final decision on watts (HP) before I fly it. I might even go with a 7 cell (using a 100 amp SC and the HK Turnigy will accept 6 to 8 cells). By the way, here's some photos of some "quick" semi-scale (not really) adds...I used the Willimas 1/6th scale dummy radial engine and the Top Flite 1/7th Corsair cockpit to dress it up. It actually fits really well with very minor mods...(I tend to yeild accuracy to the "cool" factor" so I KNOW it's not exact, but it still looks pretty neat)...let me know what you think...L8R!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:26 AM
retro92777
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
looks great mike im still waiting for parts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Finally flew it, the CG is not where they say (3 inches off the leading edge) so it was pretty nose heavy (better than tail heavy though!). Anyway, flew good, landed early to adjust CG and even though the landing was pretty good, one of the stock BH landing gears snapped. Minor scrape damage, currently installing E-Flite 100 degree rotating retracts, then fixing CG and going for it again! Any idea where to get the decals that come on the prop? I got a spare but no decals...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:18 PM
retro92777
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejo2013 View Post
Finally flew it, the CG is not where they say (3 inches off the leading edge) so it was pretty nose heavy (better than tail heavy though!). Anyway, flew good, landed early to adjust CG and even though the landing was pretty good, one of the stock BH landing gears snapped. Minor scrape damage, currently installing E-Flite 100 degree rotating retracts, then fixing CG and going for it again! Any idea where to get the decals that come on the prop? I got a spare but no decals...
Mike
i have 3 of the 63 in corsairs only flew 1st one at this time 2cnd is ready 3rd still in box as you know hard to get parts have 13 flights on 1st cg is off tail heavy but fly's well needs up trim on elevator to trim so havn't adjusted i also tried e-flight
but couldnt get them to work properly they changed up props so you cant get the same composite props with decals im told hope you didnt break prop hub ive been on alert status when they come in for about 6 weeks now still back ordered good luck my friend
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:27 PM
retro92777
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro92777 View Post
Mike
i have 3 of the 63 in corsairs only flew 1st one at this time 2cnd is ready 3rd still in box as you know hard to get parts have 13 flights on 1st cg is off tail heavy but fly's well needs up trim on elevator to trim so havn't adjusted i also tried e-flight
but couldnt get them to work properly they changed up props so you cant get the same composite props with decals im told hope you didnt break prop hub ive been on alert status when they come in for about 6 weeks now still back ordered good luck my friend
did receive replacement parts from BH sequencer for retracts bombs & motor box unfortunately retracts were both for right hand side
they worked but had to leave down couldn't retract