HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Maybe like mine, a Skywalker quadro 4 in 20a ESC can hide under the FC board or if you don;t want to have folding arms, between the top and bottom plate. Sure makes things easy and matches up to the KK2 nicely. Now that I flashed my KK board to 1.5 the auto-level makes flying my X525 easier then flying a 3 channel co-axial toy heli. Incredibly stable, and with a switch on the transmitter, while its flying, I can turn it off to fly sport, or turn it on for panic mode bailout.Correct, LCD right...
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:17 PM
United States, TN, Hixson
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
Made a big edit to the original post, so check it out. Need motor/ESC/prop input, PDB help, and answers regarding mounting hardware.
THANKS to everyone so far.
schott1984 is offline Find More Posts by schott1984
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
Put the frame together... Far more difficult than it should have been. Missing parts, misdirections...

Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schott1984 View Post
Put the frame together... Far more difficult than it should have been. Missing parts, misdirections...

Same issue for me.. missing spacers + one of the screws had a defective head. Had to improvise.
mashi is offline Find More Posts by mashi
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:14 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,714 Posts
Quote:

When I put mine together the only part I was missing was one of the landing skid side frames, I couldn't be bother jumping through the hoops, so I order 2 spare sets. All my screws were there and some extras, I was so impressed with the screw bag I ordered a spare one lol.
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
I hid them inside the body and just soldered longer wires to them... The X525 frame works well with a 1000KV motor

Here is my thread about my build http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1664356

Also if you get these motors here they are great use them on all my quads now http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...3&productname=

I am now using a Copter Control board from Open Pilot and have on order a Revo from them as well GREAT COMMUNITY there...

These ESC's are also great http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...0&productname=

I like and use the GWS9050 3 Bladed props They are 9In and 5.0 Deg pitch (you will need to balance them) But once you do they are great you can also use a nice set of 10x4.7 2 blade but it felt sluggish to me

And also the quatro 4 in 1 ESC is also nice...

Quote:
Thanks. Big help.
Where are your ESCs?
What's with the standoffs and extra plate above kk2?
You using a PDB or just a harness?
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Last edited by gitit20; Dec 10, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
Oh also dont scrap the x525 its a good frame for people to learn to fly on - the crap easy to damage motor mounts get the ones i linked too and all would be good
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
Oh also dont scrap the x525 its a good frame for people to learn to fly on - the crap easy to damage motor mounts get the ones i linked too and all would be good
I'm still lost on if the ESCs, motors, and props I have will be OK together and with which cell count on the battery?

Thanks for your input!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:41 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
I have that quad and it's a good learner , I stuffed my electronics also , scrapped the power distribution board and made the least intrusive and space saving power harness possible , I found that when I moved it all inward it became a little easier to control , I use hobbywing 30a esc ubec , and a kk5.5 with the kapt. 4.7x . But honestly you can cartwheel it across the lawn and it'll take a beating I was seriously surprised , see I had used the billet connectors that came with the kit but somehow one came undone , and it fell like a brick , well a spinning brick , all I got was a Bent prop ! If you need any advice feel free to message me I have taken it apart and redone it three or four times till I found the way I like it . Good luck , ohhh and a suggestion go read the MEGA LINK , and the kaptein link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1458663 I don't think it applies to your kk2 but there's some serious info in there !!!! ✌
Diazapamjam is offline Find More Posts by Diazapamjam
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Its wise to leave the folding bolts loose enough so the arms fold for crashes, less chance to break a plate or bend an arm. First little crash you will break the motor mount. You can go to hardware store and buy 3' x 1/8" plate aluminum and make some nice strong mounts super cheap. Al l you need is a hacksaw, drill and maybe a bench grinder or file. I have been recording my crashes and they are spectacular- maybe break a prop.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
Haha for sure I use my drimal on the aluminum I has also cut some 6mmx.5 tube for the feet spacer but I ditched for lees weight over vanity
Diazapamjam is offline Find More Posts by Diazapamjam
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
Ordered 30A plush ESCs (and two spares) as well as everything else I will/should need today from HK (a US and an HK order), ebay, and hobbypartz...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:31 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
641 Posts
A few details on my x525:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1690851

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
So I got a lot of my stuff in but still waiting on the HK order which should be here Monday (Thanks to UPS 3 day).

I re-conntectorized my batteries with XT60, added 4mm bullets between my charger and gator clips so I can plug into my PS, and attached my motors to my aluminum motor mounts.

Bound my Rx and Tx, and I think I'm out of things to do until the 30A ESCs and misc. crap from HK gets here...

Pic of charging setup before putting bullets on charger

Pic of my messy man-cave

Pic of new connectors

Pic of my motors on new mounts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
110 Posts
Mounted the motors to the frame tonight, tried some different configurations as far as location of parts goes. Just taped things down for now, to verify lengths were sufficient.

Does anyone see a reason not to tape the FC on top of the Rx which is taped to the bottom of the PDB like in this picture? Obviously will be real double-sided foam tape when I do it for real...

I understand that I will have to un-tape it to replace the Rx if/when I do that, but I don't really care.