SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:12 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing SpeedPost Lost Package?

So I ordered stuff from HobbyKing, paid the $50 for shipping, and got a tracking number. For over a week, it is at the orgin sorting center, and said "Processing at Sorting Center"

Now, when I go to track, it states "Not Found"

So now what?

Is it lost? Customs? Scam? Someone liked the package?

The customs invoice shows the full price, which is $140 or so.

If it goes back to HK, and they want shipping again, I am going to cancel, and do a chargeback for shipping, because I hate how they charge for shipping, and than makes an error and it never gets to me.

This happened a month ago on my friends account, where he purchased a battery, payed $20, and they lost the package. It wasn't worth the time to get it back, so he just bought another one.

So, what do you think? Wait? Lost package? Customs Problem?

I already contacted support.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, AL, Randolph
Joined Mar 2004
254 Posts
It could be that Zippy lipo. Most carriers won't handle them. My recent order with a lipo on it took twice as long as usual, 24 days instead of the usual 12. Try the tracking number on Swiss Post. They seem to be the carrier that will ship them.

Larry
Travler is offline Find More Posts by Travler
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler View Post
It could be that Zippy lipo. Most carriers won't handle them. My recent order with a lipo on it took twice as long as usual, 24 days instead of the usual 12. Try the tracking number on Swiss Post. They seem to be the carrier that will ship them.

Larry

That is what I was thinking, But after adding to my cart it Changed my potential shipping options to one in which it did not say no LiPo.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Maybe I would have been better off to order the LiPo separately
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Suddenly, it seems to work now. But it has still been 20 days since it's moved at all.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:03 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,051 Posts
Had that happen once - my 2d order with them. After considerable yimmin' & yammin' back & forth about their twice missing the promised ship date, my order seemingly went completely missing, then later showed up again.

Their "explanation" (if you wanta believe lies) was that somewhere 'down the line' an error was discovered in my ordered goods, & it had to go back to some prior warehouse. I later found out that -- you know that 'reserved' status on an item when they've supposedly got one from inventory 'reserved' just for you? HA! They had 'reserved' one stoopid small item - bag of pushrod conns or such - that was actually out of stock/backordered. Held up a near $600 order for a freakin' MONTH! Once I found out the truth, I told 'em to just ship without the item & send it later when stock came in. "No can do." (Just like anything that's a departure from standard cookie-cutter ops)

To FINALLY get my order shipped, I had to cancel the order for the one 'missing' item, which to them meant cancelling the WHOLE order and my having to reorder the 20-something items on a completely new order. (figure monkey-level intelligence) (maybe a little lower)

I've got an even better tale to tell on my latest attempt to buy from them. I ordered too much! But my blood pressure needs a break right at this moment.

GAWD I luv doin' business with them!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:09 AM
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Had that happen once - my 2d order with them. After considerable yimmin' & yammin' back & forth about their twice missing the promised ship date, my order seemingly went completely missing, then later showed up again.

Their "explanation" (if you wanta believe lies) was that somewhere 'down the line' an error was discovered in my ordered goods, & it had to go back to some prior warehouse. I later found out that -- you know that 'reserved' status on an item when they've supposedly got one from inventory 'reserved' just for you? HA! They had 'reserved' one stoopid small item - bag of pushrod conns or such - that was actually out of stock/backordered. Held up a near $600 order for a freakin' MONTH! Once I found out the truth, I told 'em to just ship without the item & send it later when stock came in. "No can do." (Just like anything that's a departure from standard cookie-cutter ops)

To FINALLY get my order shipped, I had to cancel the order for the one 'missing' item, which to them meant cancelling the WHOLE order and my having to reorder the 20-something items on a completely new order. (figure monkey-level intelligence) (maybe a little lower)

I've got an even better tale to tell on my latest attempt to buy from them. I ordered too much! But my blood pressure needs a break right at this moment.

GAWD I luv doin' business with them!
Wow. They are really giving you some problems. I sold my old iPod, and ordered this stuff, and right after, I ordered a LiPo for my plane from the USA warehouse. 1000mah 2S for $10 shipped. (I live in CA)

That battery was here in 2 days! It arrived, and my older order didn't even leave Hong Kong!

I am a bit worried about cusotms not shipping it because of that LiPo.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:01 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery View Post
Wow. They are really giving you some problems. I sold my old iPod, and ordered this stuff, and right after, I ordered a LiPo for my plane from the USA warehouse. 1000mah 2S for $10 shipped. (I live in CA)

That battery was here in 2 days! It arrived, and my older order didn't even leave Hong Kong!

I am a bit worried about customs not shipping it because of that LiPo.
"I am a bit worried about customs not shipping it because of that LiPo. " And worried you should be!. I ordered a large lipo from HK it sat in customs for 18 days!. Then all of a sudden I got it at my door. It will come but it will take a real long long time!. Order your lips from the USA warehouse and you will get them quick and without stress.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:43 PM
Learning how to glide.
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
I would not worry about it yet - It does state 7-21 days estimated delivery time.
Plus the updates seem very wonky via speed post, much like the USPS wonky updates. UPS and Fedex are better in that regard.
I have had luck. changing carriers to find the package again in a situation like yours - once with swisspost (or something like that), more often I change it to USPS tracking and at least it shows up. I often have a package at my door or post office while the notification says it was last seen in Hong Kong, or even at US Customs at JFK.
Good luck - let us know how you make out.
MarkG
MarkGra is online now Find More Posts by MarkGra
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Its been nearly 30 days now.