HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,080 Posts
Discussion
Motor JUST fits...

I just finished mounting the motor inside the mount. VERY close tolerance, and not much room for error. The motor shaft is sqaure and centered.

I test fit a plate on the collet (not my spinner plate I'll be using, but a spare one to evaluate clearance and fit. Below are a couple of pictures showing the cowling, shaft, plate, prop, and vanes - PERFECT fit.

Also, I will have to shave ~1mm off my new CF mains struts to fit into the slot on the plane, otherwise, VERY nice fit. Pix of comparision sizes below, too.

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Finally here in Winnipeg...
to remove ads between posts