HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:09 AM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,069 Posts
Awesome! Cheers, Nick!

One sprayer for each different spray apparantly. Didn't take note of what they were, but made sense lol
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
DS Addict
Joined Jul 2005
5,069 Posts
:EDIT: Post deleted as had unintended offending nature to some parties
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ALEX HEWSON; Dec 13, 2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:36 AM
making my own planes...
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Oct 2007
1,074 Posts
I see good moments in that photos, hope I can enjoy the next NZ Int DS week :-)
decones is online now Find More Posts by decones
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,012 Posts
Just want to say, I had a great time , despite the fact that the weather didn't play along. I met a lot of new faces, and hope that one day we will meet again to enjoy our great hobby.
I have quite a few pictures and and video clips which I will upload when I get back to Melbourne. Till then its goodbye from me.
Hope you guys will have a great time at Tekapo.
Knut
AeroNut45 is online now Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,438 Posts
I got the video of Tuesday edited last night and it's uploaded successfully overnight. Sorry it's so long. At 11pm I didn't feel like working my way back through it to cull it back. This is a really fun watch, and the highlight I think is seeing so many guys in light air furballing fun, with the Scratcho lapping around over and through them. It culminates with the BBQ at Andrew's and some night flying. Classic stuff.

NZ DS Fest - Cass Ridge, BBQ and night flying - 11 Dec 2012 (18 min 6 sec)
AvB is offline Find More Posts by AvB
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
ETS....Energy retention system
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,261 Posts
Fun video , got to love that heli...very cool
timbuck is online now Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:10 PM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,012 Posts
Great video Andrew, I am sitting here in the airport waiting to board the plane. What a wonderful way to pass the time. Looking forward to see and read report when you have been to Tekapo.
Thanks for the report Andrew, and your way of fusing the DS community on both sides of the Tasman together. Without your contribution I don't think it would have happened.
Cheers
Knut
AeroNut45 is online now Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
Just Stab It In
Bangalow,Australia
Joined Aug 2008
1,307 Posts
Another good one Andrew.

Of to pick up Andrew to get a car for him. Then some airplane repairing at Andrew's.

That's just to many Andrew's
airtimeasto is offline Find More Posts by airtimeasto
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
DS Addict
Joined Jul 2005
5,069 Posts
Would you guys have time to do a little fixing for me? If not that isn't a problem
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:57 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,435 Posts
great video... You could have some fun with UFO sightings and that chopper !! lol
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: new plane
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Nov 2004
1,220 Posts
Well back home and off to work now (have not even unpacked). I would like to thank everyone that made this trip sweet as.

As someone who does not get out on the hill much and had never DS'ed it was great. Asto was keen to see me do more and more dizzy circles and helped out as much as he could. I would have thought a flying trip such as the int DS feat was very experienced pilots but highly reccommend the trip to anyone. The experience was one that I will always remember.
AUSELECTRIC is online now Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:51 PM
Arrarrar!
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,231 Posts
Hey fellas, got home last night and at least I have the morning off to settle back in to real life. It feels like Ive been away for much longer than a week! I cant believe what a great trip it was, I wish I could have stayed for longer. It was so good to meet all you nz guys and also the Northern Aus guys (cant call Asto a Queenslander!) and I can definitely see myself coming back back as regularly as possible!
A special thanks to Alex for organizing the whole trip, it was truly fantastic, and sounds like its just gonna get better!
Just so you know, Alex has to break 350 with my scorcher other wise he has to send it back- The pressure is on!
Thanks a lot guys, I'll definitely be back, oh and Crystal says she'll come next time and bring her bike even!
Cheers
Josh
josh18 is online now Find More Posts by josh18
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
DS Addict
Joined Jul 2005
5,069 Posts
Glad to hear that Janet Von Berky has arrived safe! Asto was looking at a GoPro3 earlier on, and I think has spent a lot of the day preparing models for tomorrow's trip.

We successfully sold our house today! Very happy with what we got for it, but we have to move out by next Friday! ARGH! Who hit the "Panic" button lol

The Mrs has given me a leave pass for tomorrow's Tekapo trip so that is sorted. Just need to ring Snow to make sure we are on for access.

Haven't heard back from a couple of the guys to see if they are coming or not, so we will have to sort rides out in the morning

Forecast for tomorrow is as strong as it was for the first day we went:

Tekapo DS day 1 (6 min 44 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:11 AM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
I was out at tekapo today, still blowing easterly, strong enough that I had to strap a tent peg to my Alula as ballast. Cirrus building up though so that presages a good norwest blow.

Alex I'm at home tomorrow all day so call or txt if the mazda is needed.

Nick
Skycruiser is offline Find More Posts by Skycruiser
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:11 AM
Australia, VIC, Wonthaggi
Joined Nov 2009
122 Posts
Josh, Mick and I watched the sunset all the way home last night and it was about 25 degrees in Melbourne when we arrived about 10 or 11pm, strange weather both sides of the Tasman. We had a ripper time, I picked up so many clues and just want to go out and do more laps, and tune he planes to do what I want them to do. You don't necessarily need more wind to have a good time, just a plane that suits the conditions and trimmed just right.
It was the best holiday ever and can't wait to do it again, want to thank Alex and Asto especially for being so generous with their time and expertise, and it is so good to meet everyone else that made the trip sweet as
windnergy is offline Find More Posts by windnergy