SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:17 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
USA, IL, Urbana
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
True a race track was in the old micro area, but they just moved it south! We still have a " Micro" area. Tables? Ya a few less.
pattypilot is offline Find More Posts by pattypilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:01 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
My pics from E-Fest:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4579147&type=1
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:10 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
Did you see that guy donked his ironman?? Made me sad. Also.. I cant believe how many people they let fly at a time.. Seemed every 20 seconds there was a mid air. I thought it was pretty unorganized and had a lot of unhappy people. How can you fly a micro or indoor plane with people running 50+mph wings doing circuits? Is it like that every year? I still had a blast but don't think I will be back next year.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:38 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
To me from afar, it looks like they have eliminated the pilot stations, which used to be 12, now it is one of those where you toss it into the air, hope for the best.

E-Fest is different this year for sure.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:52 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jan 2003
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
To me from afar, it looks like they have eliminated the pilot stations, which used to be 12, now it is one of those where you toss it into the air, hope for the best.

E-Fest is different this year for sure.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Wish I had known that they weren't using pilot stations this year - I would probably have gone.

That's one of the reasons I stopped going to E-Fest - don't like waiting in line to fly!

Too many planes in the air at the same time normally sorts itself out.

Chuck
indyrcpilot is offline Find More Posts by indyrcpilot
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:41 AM
Pro Bro 209
Ashmore,Illinois
Joined Apr 2005
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Did you see that guy donked his ironman??
Ironman is fine...Just took one on the chin....
flyboyz43 is offline Find More Posts by flyboyz43
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
USA, IL, Urbana
Joined Nov 2006
820 Posts
Yes your correct, no pilot station's and it worked quite well. I was amazed, I should have tried to get a Pilot count? Wow, I enjoyed working the flight line again this year. I Enjoy talking with several of the regulars whom I’ve chatted with since the beginning. Miss a few of my old Indy buddies! Maybe next year? The “no” stations feed back was very positive. So I’d say Frank will continue with that aspect? or tweak it? One things for sure, you can’t say Frank isn’t listening to your feedback! Well maybe not all of it? But can you blame him?

Jim
pattypilot is offline Find More Posts by pattypilot
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:00 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jan 2003
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypilot View Post
Yes your correct, no pilot station's and it worked quite well. I was amazed, I should have tried to get a Pilot count? Wow, I enjoyed working the flight line again this year. I Enjoy talking with several of the regulars whom Iíve chatted with since the beginning. Miss a few of my old Indy buddies! Maybe next year? The ďnoĒ stations feed back was very positive. So Iíd say Frank will continue with that aspect? or tweak it? One things for sure, you canít say Frank isnít listening to your feedback! Well maybe not all of it? But can you blame him?

Jim
Hi Jim,

I guess I'll have to put E-Fest back on my calendar for next year. I stopped going because of the long wait to fly.

Keep us posted!

Chuck in Indy
indyrcpilot is offline Find More Posts by indyrcpilot
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, IN, Milan
Joined Feb 2009
459 Posts
I was not a fan of the missing ultra micro area. I lost a nano plane to a flying wing this year. But i did like the new flight line. Oh for those of you who bring young children, a vendor table is not a babysitting service. Monitor your own children, i did all three of mine, and i expect you to do the same.
JIMBOJONES is offline Find More Posts by JIMBOJONES
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:27 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
My flying buddy counted 13 models up at once, one of the flight line staff reckoned to have made it to 24! I made three flights, had mid-air 'brushes' in two of them, with my Nutball. Left the Mini Vapor in its box - the 'micro area' was a joke, the car track was fun for a few minutes, but my cynical nature suggests it makes for more sales than the 'aircraft carrier' in last year's micro area.

Still, the more people bang up models, the more 'products' will get sold by the vendors...

I think next year, will skip flying and just search out the better models for photos. If the scale event ever went away, I'd probably stay home, and am already figuring out how to get there to snuck in and watch the F3P comp on the Friday AM - now there's real flying for you.

It's 'Progress', I suppose

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:39 AM
Loving Life!!!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2010
327 Posts
I just want to give a huge shout out to Frank and his crew. Without him, the Hobbico crew, the volunteers and all the vendors, this wouldn’t be possible. This was my second trip and I had just as much fun this year than last year. I flew on the 3D flight line all weekend and rarely had to wait. I had a couple of mid airs, but that’s to be expected. Put a little welders back on 'em and off they went! This will be on the calendar for next year and hopefully many more years to come. Keep up the great work guys!!!!
jwilson32 is offline Find More Posts by jwilson32
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:43 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,302 Posts
My only complaint is beverages. $2 for a bottle of soda is ridiculous, especially when you can't take it out on the floor with you. I was dying of thirst, and spent $2 to drink 6oz and then throw the rest away so I could go back out on the floor. And, you also disconnected the cheaper vending machines this year, which I thought was really low.
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:43 AM
United States, IL, Effingham
Joined Feb 2008
94 Posts
This was my third Efest but due to work I could only attend on Sunday (my first Sunday) I was surprised how dead Sunday was after hearing about the record turn out for Saturday, but after a while I really enjoyed the slower pace. I did miss the events, Contests, the blimp, and Amish that are only available on Saturday.
jorno67 is offline Find More Posts by jorno67
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
Greater Chicagoland
Joined Jun 2010
11 Posts
Had a great time. Thanks to Frank and all the crew for putting on a fest.
The "fly at your own risk" part did make it scary at times. (I wouldn't fly when the fast wings were airborne)
ElectricRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectricRick
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, IN, Milan
Joined Feb 2009
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorno67 View Post
and Amish that are only available on Saturday.
There were less this year it seemed to me.
JIMBOJONES is offline Find More Posts by JIMBOJONES
RCG Plus Member