SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,161 Posts
Discussion
Hangar 9 Super Cub

You know.I'm not getting a bit of satisfaction out of assembling this airplane...Well- the engine is mostly my work,but the rest of it is someone else's and it's like I'm watching them build it.

The model has some character,and if the covering was not so translucent,I might like it, a little.But it is translucent,and I DON'T like it. Tough noogies.
We contacted Horizon (Gene did) about the fractures in the wing and wind screen......don't call it a windshield-they don't have a listing for that-it's a WINDSCREEN ! Anyway,they said to ship the wing back and they'd send another. Gene and I hashed it around a bit,and decided that in the interests of time,we could repair it for the cost of shipping it to and fro.
A roll of white Ultracote and a little gluing and sanding and we're the only ones that know it was damaged.-And you do...YOU know.
People at Horizon are sending the wind SCREEN asap.

I'm going to eat some crow,and say it's not a bad airplane,for an ARF.
Now,I'm never gonna like an ARF,and I've told everyone so....but there are some good points to this one.Tomorrow I'll list some of them.Later,Earl.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
to remove ads between posts