HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by pd1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:54 PM
pd1
United States, MA, Haverhill
Joined Jun 2006
2,152 Posts
Discussion
Astro Hog.. It flew, pictures added

I got a little diverted from the Bootsraps build. The structure is almost done and waiting for covering.

Frank G ( murocflyer) here started a couple of group builds, on on RCG and another on wattflyer.
Frank has been threatening to build an Astro Hog for years and I thought I could corner him into building one if I said I'd build one too.

Frank dodged the bullet again, but I did build mine.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68179

Quite a while ago I bought the plans for the Berkeley version of the Hog with full intent on building that one. Then I came across a Sig kit of the Hog.
After looking at the differences I decided to still build the Berkeley Hog.

My friend brought his Sig Hog to the field this fall and I flew it, I liked it .
Now I'm back to the Sig kit.
pd1 is offline Find More Posts by pd1
Last edited by pd1; Sep 03, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2013, 02:22 PM
pd1
United States, MA, Haverhill
Joined Jun 2006
2,152 Posts
The Hog flies

I test flew my Astro Hog today. I had to make a few changes, I replaced the Exceed Monster 46 motor with a Turnigy 5065-320.

The Turnigy bolted in, the change was prompted by the batteries I had on hand.
I didn't have any large 4 or 5 cell batteries. I'm using a 6 cell 5000 mah pack.
The plane came out to 8 1/2 pounds all up weight and it's a floater.
Didn't require any trim at all and no dropping tendencies on turn from base to final.
pd1 is offline Find More Posts by pd1