HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Mar 2004
55 Posts
Discussion
Heng Long spare parts

Serched the forum and the internet and am not finding any US dealers for stock HL parts. Looks like I need a turret gear or rotation gear for the turret and what ever else would keep the turret from turning. Moror runs but nor turning. Any good links for stock parts or not overly exensive upgradeof the cheap plastic rotation gear>
fargophil is offline Find More Posts by fargophil
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:28 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Matomart its not a US supplier but just across the border in Canada.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:14 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
what Tank do you need parts for?
I run Immortal Hobbies, Maybe I can help. My spares box is getting bigger and bigger everyday.

www.immortalhobbies.com
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Mar 2004
55 Posts
I have a Heng Long Tiger 1 tank. Turret stopped turning to the left at about 45 degree rotation and clicked a couple of times. Rotated it right and it went pretty much full right before clicking a couple of times Doing the left and tight rotation a few more times with les and less rotation until there is none. Motor runs as the sticks are turned so I presume it is not the morto or controller but instead the gear either on the motor or the main gear. Havent started the disassembly yet My theory was why take it apart if the parts are not available.
The Canadian firm mentioned has the motor assembly so if the drive gear on the motor is either bad or not making contact correctly Could be that is all I need. They do not show the rotation gear in stock. Only place I have found htat gear is in Australia and obviously the shipping is a killer.
Any additional help would be apprciated. Disassembled the tank once for something else and remeber ii is somewhat of a project so if someone also has a great link with step by step instructions Id really appreciate that also.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:47 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Reno, Nevada
Joined Oct 2006
780 Posts
Never mind.....

Thanks just the same,
DT
DeadTom is offline Find More Posts by DeadTom
Last edited by DeadTom; Dec 03, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Mar 2004
55 Posts
So I took the time today to disassemble the tank and interestingly I found a set of wires to the multifuntion unit had jammed in between the teeth of the turret rotation unit and the turret rotation gear. Took the turret toration unit out and I can fairly easly turn the output gear with very little effort so my best guess is all I need to do is replace the turret turning unit and reassemble with the wires safely tucked out of the way this time.
Next question, has anybody ever had this problem before and is the multifuntion unit supposed to be attached to something or just hanging there?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:32 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
HELLO fargo phil.
OK I have in and out of alot of those tanks your talking about . THE unit your talking about is held in place by 3 crome screws that hold that unit in place. IT has 4 plactic gears along with a small motor. THEN you have 2 wires going to it I think green and white. OK what happens from what I have seen with the ones I play with sometimes those wires will be loose and will fall onto the drive geaar. So you can get a hot glue gun and reglue them to the side of the main body to keep them getting in the way. I am kind of new to the RC tanks but have pick up a few did repairs to them and keap them for myself. Everytime something goes wrong I look into and learn as I go. So I hope this helps. I have 2 tigers myself . Had to check them out and both run good. BUT I have found different problems with all of them in the pass . Usely a small fix. So if I can help any more just ask and I will try my best . Keep in mind I dont know everything but I have learn a little . EVEN taken the drive boxs a part just to see how they are made. To be honest it is not all that hard just keep an eye on what your doing and even take pictures so you have some to go back to. DON THE Rustbucket . I am only telling you what I have done and seen with the HL tanks.
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Mar 2004
55 Posts
Close. The unit you are talking about is held in place iwith three screws but that is the turret control module. Im talking about the Multifunction Unit that from what I have discerned may have been glued with one drop of hot glue to the bottom of the Turret control unit. The MFU has all the wires plugged into it. If Im correct in my assumption I think Ill use velcro to hold it in plane.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:57 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
The MFU you are referring to is the RX-18
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:03 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
OK NOT a problem at all. FRom what you were saying I was thinking it was the turret or gun motor wireing. NOW your saying whear all of the wires hook into. Dose your have the sound system? IF so there should be a small circute board over by the speaker that is held in by 2 small screws that hold the board from moving.. OK I have not taken apart my Tigers at all so far no reason to. LIKE they say if it is not broken dont mess with it.;-)
IF you do mess with them just becarfull with what you do .
So far I have play with lepards. Abrams walker bull dog and pershing that I had to compleaty redo. also have built 2 custom tanks by useing the lepards chassic. ONE M42 Duster whear the turret turns back and forth and one M 88 tank retriver tank .
OK THE Tiger may be different .??
I was thinking since it is just about the same size as the lepard it would be the same..So can you send any pictures of what your dealing with.??
ONE more thing if for some reason you get another turret gear make sure it is the white one for there is a black one that is for larger tanks and is a little bigger and may bind with what you have ? IT had happen to me once . Looks all most the same but it has teeth that go all around instead of the half way stops.

Unless your tank has the black gear. I am talking about the one that is screw on the bottom of the turret?
With your about to do Velco should work for We use it for everything ;-)) Even things that it is not suppose to hold but then I use the heavy industeral stuff.
ONE more thing some says dont do it but it works just as good . A good Masking tape as well . OR electral black tape ? JUST Some ideas to work with. I am only telling you what i have done and what I have play with .
So any way keep us posted and if you can send any pictures that would help alot .
OK GOOD LUCK let me know what happens Thanks DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Dec 03, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Mar 2004
55 Posts
To Oracus, Yep that is the unit Im talking about. The question is where does it mount? When I took the tank apart it was hanging down with the wires jammed in the ring gear. Im sure when the wire bundle got caught in the gear it pulled the unit loose from where it was mounted.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:56 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
OK there should be a place that shows a couple of studs whear the screws go ? that is the best I can say. GOOD LUCK DON
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
OK I went to google look up 16th scale rc tiger tank wireing . with top off OK what I saw what your talking about there are a set of blue plactic studs that is molded into the main top body that shows whear that circute board goes with small screws over by the speaker if you have a stock set up in your tank. BUT hit images and start looking I am sure you will fine it. I am doing what I can to help DON
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Mar 2004
55 Posts
Good thought on serching images. Picture is worth a thousand words etc etc.
This picturehttp://www.google.com/imgres?q=heng+long+tiger+wiring&num=10&hl=en&tbo=d &biw=683&bih=317&tbm=isch&tbnid=GiSs0JsdLVYBvM:&im grefurl=http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D22%26t%3D7844&docid=YnlZ-RVEZjpJ_M&imgurl=https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-11SqBQD_iAA/ThbFJKBi8aI/AAAAAAAAAEY/4TokokwIEzE/Photo0233.jpg&w=512&h=384&ei=SRy-UJHDCKSU2QXVy4D4DQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=203&vpy=-15&dur=6015&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=48&ty=214&sig=116 571830713971443054&page=2&tbnh=112&tbnw=164&start= 12&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:12,i:172

or No.0023 seems to show the MFU placed between the one middle board and the gearbox. On my tank There is an opening that the unit semi fits in but there is a stud coming ujp from the bottom that is in the way and on the bottom near the circut board there seems to be a sticky spot where something may have been stuck. Might just assume that that is the location and figure out how to secure it in there. Also seem to be the only real spot to put it.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:37 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,803 Posts
OK that may be what your looking for. YUP I allways use the images when I am trying to figure out something glad it work for ya. BY the way what color is your tank. FOR ONE I have is the light blue the other one is the green . I did not know they came out in two different colors. With the green one I added some como paint on it . THE Blue one I have not a thing to it . BOTH run nice. I will get some pictures of the green one for ya soon. THE Blue one is pack away for the future if the other one has a problem. Keep us posted. DON